Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Alan Shearer says that Leicester and Tottenham deserve to be top but won't win the title. 

Alan, please pay attention. Leicester are top, Tottenham are not. Must try harder. 

http://Premier League: Why Leicester & Tottenham deserve to be top but won't win the title - Alan Shearer analysis - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54865849

22 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Alan Shearer says that Leicester and Tottenham deserve to be top but won't win the title. 

Alan, please pay attention. Leicester are top, Tottenham are not. Must try harder. 

http://Premier League: Why Leicester & Tottenham deserve to be top but won't win the title - Alan Shearer analysis - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54865849

He means has one and two, I read the article and actually felt it was well put together and was positive about all the sides in the run in. Thought it was a good read. 

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Jesus christ, we all know what he means. 

We make ourselves look like morons being so sensitive all of the time. 

What exactly is he wrong about? 

The fact that Vardy turns 34 in January, not 33.

Just more lazy journalism. Liok at Garth Crook's team of the week, apparently, Johnny Evans is our captain.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Hahaha get a grip, we're top after 8 games calm down

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

The fact that Vardy turns 34 in January, not 33.

Just more lazy journalism. Liok at Garth Crook's team of the week, apparently, Johnny Evans is our captain.

The team of the week is stupid, fofana was our best CB but evans was in ahead lol 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's very tight at the top and bottom of the league, just shows how strong a start several clubs have had and how badly several have. Sheffield Utd in any other given season would be a good 5-6 points off 17th after 8 games would they not? 

We need to keep on ploughing on but I do think the top 4 could be a much higher points total than in most years,

If you extrapolate from the current points per game, the table will end up looking like this:

ProjectedPts.JPG.9dca9e183948f55c2ede5fc95ca3300b.JPG

I expect the winner to be on less than 90 points.  Consider the likely effects of this season’s weirdness:

Top clubs get more points than usual:

- At least four clubs look total dreck, off which all the better sides will expect to feast for six points.

Top clubs get less points than usual:

- Ten or a dozen sides are good enough to keep taking points off each other, meaning more draws and losses for the strongest clubs.

- The “2020 factors” of muscle injuries (40% above normal), no fans and COVID will randomize results, bringing all clubs toward the mean.

- The two recent “superclubs” are on their down cycle (MC) or missing their most critical player (Pool), and neither has enough in defense to dominate.

It’s a wide open season IMO.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

""The Premier League is the most difficult one to be, because in the Premier League you can do a good season, can have lots of points, but in the end... Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Leicester, Arsenal.

“So you can have a good season and not be champion. So what can we do? We go match after match. We try to win, we don't care about the others.”

Jose Mourinho.

Just let that sit there for a while. Jose lists his league title competitors. 

My god, we’ve come a long way since that afternoon in Stoke :)

Sorry but that tool always talks bolox ..   

Arsenal should never be in that list ...   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s said you’re only six feet away from a rat in New York.

Similarly, if you find yourself in an outer Mongolian prison camp, your cell mate will definitely have a Liverpool tattoo on his forearm.

If you find yourself captured by a tribe in the Brazilian rainforest, your only hope of escape is the befriending the Manchester United supporting prison guard.

Similarly, my best friend at school decided to support Manchester United, and later Liverpool, in direct contravention of the “support your local team even if they’re shit” rule.

Our beloved club is widely liked, within the country and without, yet not supported, in the same way Gary Linkear is liked but not in the “please come around my house for dinner” way.

As such, Sky isn’t going to spend hours talking about Leicester to their Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs fans. And when we respond as if Sky are directly insulting us, the poor victims that were are, we sound like entitled idiots, to be frank.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It’s said you’re only six feet away from a rat in New York.

Similarly, if you find yourself in an outer Mongolian prison camp, your cell mate will definitely have a Liverpool tattoo on his forearm.

If you find yourself captured by a tribe in the Brazilian rainforest, your only hope of escape is the befriending the Manchester United supporting prison guard.

Similarly, my best friend at school decided to support Manchester United, and later Liverpool, in direct contravention of the “support your local team even if they’re shit” rule.

Our beloved club is widely liked, within the country and without, yet not supported, in the same way Gary Linkear is liked but not in the “please come around my house for dinner” way.

As such, Sky isn’t going to spend hours talking about Leicester to their Man Utd, Liverpool and Spurs fans. And when we respond as if Sky are directly insulting us, the poor victims that were are, we sound like entitled idiots, to be frank.

Errrrr   ..  yep !! ..   I’m with you mate ! ...   New York, Outer Mongolia, and the Brazilian rain forests are not going to feature in my travel plans ever again.   

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah I must admit I never get the whining about Sky and their top team love-in. It is what it is now. I hate it, but what are you going to do? The Keane-Walker "idiot" comment was up on social media within 10 mins of it being said. That tells you everything about their strategy.

Also, there have been multiple occasions, and some even involving us, when the 2pm has had little to no build-up because the 4/4:30pm game is the main event. It's the way they do it. 60 mins of build up, 40 mins usually dedicated to the big game of the day.

And anyway, every fcker on here moans whenever Sky or someone says stuff about us, then people moan when they don't. Do you all really want validation by a few ex-pros that badly?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

""The Premier League is the most difficult one to be, because in the Premier League you can do a good season, can have lots of points, but in the end... Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man United, Leicester, Arsenal.

“So you can have a good season and not be champion. So what can we do? We go match after match. We try to win, we don't care about the others.”

Jose Mourinho.

Just let that sit there for a while. Jose lists his league title competitors. 

My god, we’ve come a long way since that afternoon in Stoke :)

jose always speaks for a reason - here, its to take a swipe at arsenal by listing them behind us ……...ergo, the spuds fans love him even more …..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

jose always speaks for a reason - here, its to take a swipe at arsenal by listing them behind us ……...ergo, the spuds fans love him even more …..

I swear some Spurs fans dislike us more than Arsenal lol

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I swear some Spurs fans dislike us more than Arsenal lol

At the end of days, the very last thought of the last Spurs fan remaining will be of "the Leicester season".

I guarantee it.  :)

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

While I tend to agree with you here, he can't really not list us after last season and our start this year. 

He knows we're contenders for a spot Spurs should be in, whether or not he genuinely believes us to be contenders for the title he knows we're contenders for the top6, along with spurs. If he's speaking to get a reaction its probably more to play up to our ego, rather than add fuel to our fire by missing us off the list, trying to soften us up rather than give us extra motivation

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just enjoy the fact we are the team being used as the stick to beat Arsenal then.

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

While I tend to agree with you here, he can't really not list us after last season and our start this year. 

He knows we're contenders for a spot Spurs should be in, whether or not he genuinely believes us to be contenders for the title he knows we're contenders for the top6, along with spurs. If he's speaking to get a reaction its probably more to play up to our ego, rather than add fuel to our fire by missing us off the list, trying to soften us up rather than give us extra motivation

It’s nothing to do with us - it’s all to do with Arsenal !

42 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just enjoy the fact we are the team being used as the stick to beat Arsenal then.

Indeed 

• Like 1