Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Reguilon is a good player. Significant upgrade on the weak link Ben Davies.

Spurs look a really balanced team this year. Could go far. You do wonder about how that balance is affected if they get any injuries, but we've coped well enough so it can be done. You just hope their spursy nature comes to the fore at some point otherwise it really could be their year.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't see Man City being anywhere near the top (points wise) come the end of the season, said it for ages, they look awful this year.

I’d argue they have looked pretty good so far today but spurs look very good defensively and with Kane and son look a threat on the counter. They are playing similar to us and it’s working.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He had plenty of time to get his hand away though which I think is key to it. Also without using his hand there's no guarantee he is able to control it and pass to Laporte.

I just think they need to use common sense. Handball should be a clear handball not where it’s a case of any slight brush of any part of the arm below the shoulder is no goal everytime. Think that just ruins the game in my honest opinion.

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree but they created little and we defended well. 0-0 would have been fair. If we had won 1-0 it would have been very unjust. 

I agree, you could argue they wernt particularly good. I thought we killed the storm when Mendy came off for Hamza and we stifled it for the last 20 minutes, we had absolutely no threat though so the pressure was always on us and eventually it told. A draw wouldn’t of been super unjust but we can’t really argue we deserved anything out of that game, we were really poor.

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I really think Chelsea will be the ones to beat this year. Once this new squad settles they will be incredibly good 

Any team with Kante in his best position is going to do very well. He's a bloody machine.

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Don't mean to be contrary, but I think it quite clearly hit the bare skin on his arm.

I'm really not so sure it did. So difficult to tell. There's a slight touch, then on to the chest.

Have another look....I still can't decide. Which would make it not clear and obvious :dunno:

24 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

See this is why these decisions and VAR will never be perfect because for me that isn’t a handball.

It was 80% chest/knee and maybe brushed his hand a little bit, but for me these decisions are killing the game. Unless it’s clear intentional hand ball it should be let play on.

He's used his arm to help to control the ball. Not every hand ball will be deliberate but he's gained an advantage by using his arm. It's undoubtedly the correct decision for me 

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He's used his arm to help to control the ball. Not every hand ball will be deliberate but he's gained an advantage by using his arm. It's undoubtedly the correct decision for me 

I’m confused by this comment. It matters not whether he used his “arm” to control the ball, if the ball hit a spot on his body that is not included in the definition of the “arm”. If the ball hit him above his sleeve line, it cannot be called a handball. Happy to have cleared that up for tou.

6 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

I’m confused by this comment. It matters not whether he used his “arm” to control the ball, if the ball hit a spot on his body that is not included in the definition of the “arm”. If the ball hit him above his sleeve line, it cannot be called a handball. Happy to have cleared that up for tou.

...and of course the 'sleeve line' definition is universally agreed.

But it is not a handball offence if after an accidental handball the ball travels some distance via a pass or a dribble, or there are several passes before the goal or goalscoring opportunity.

How far is some distance?

The Rule is awash with subjectiveness they may as well have left it as it was.

Looked like his elbow to me anyway.

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

One of the nastiest buggers in the league but gets away with it for some reason. Cheating little gimp.

Because he does that ****ing pathetic little pouting baby face when he's on the floor looking like he's going to cry whenever someone gets in his personal space. 

What he did to that Portuguese lad at Everton should have seen him get a seriously lengthy ban. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

Because he does that ****ing pathetic little pouting baby face when he's on the floor looking like he's going to cry whenever someone gets in his personal space. 

What he did to that Portuguese lad at Everton should have seen him get a seriously lengthy ban. 

The joke of it being neither him nor Aurier received a ban for absolutely destroying Gomes' leg.