Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

If Bilic goes - which looks likely by Christmas - what does West Brom ACTUALLY do? Who do they get? They look woefully out of their depth. More so than Fulham - who have at least had some fight and determination with a manager still learning the job.

:pearson:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I presume most of us aren't trolls anyway but does anyone here follow other football clubs on Twitter? Can't help but notice the influx of cretins such as the likes of ScrumptiousSalah96 or THFCjoe writing shite like "Banter club" or "Didn't ask" to anything and everything the club tweets. Football twitter seems to be a profession for these losers, so embarrassing. I don't even have an interest in half the stuff Leicester tweet let alone 19 other clubs clogging up my feed 

I only follow LCFC on Twitter.

I don't follow any of the players because I don't want to see what they do off the pitch. Makes me laugh when people get wound up "you see what/where xxx is" and I think if you're gonna get wound up then don't follow them. Footballers aren't really interesting either are they tbh.

I don't comment though. The football twitter people are weirdos. Also what annoys me now is this new comment that seems to happen from them when their club loses and they'll comment "right, that's it, I'm off to support xxx now because.." and it's just not funny. In fact none of their comments are funny but that one just annoys me lol 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

If Bilic goes - which looks likely by Christmas - what does West Brom ACTUALLY do? Who do they get? They look woefully out of their depth. More so than Fulham - who have at least had some fight and determination with a manager still learning the job.

They've got a Championship squad. They won't do any better than Bilic.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

We had 16 shots with 7 on target today. Which is more than you lot usually create to be fair to us, that wasn't the issue today. Our problem is scoring from them. Jimenez gets a large percentage of the goals because he's the best finisher we have. We'll likely struggle without him, but the switch to 4-2-3-1 has helped us create more at least. 

In the average game about 80% of your shots are one of your central midfielders punting it at every opportunity cos there's **** all in front of them. 

Then Neves actually bags about 0.0085% of those only the ones he DOES bag look like bangers so people think he's actually a great shooter. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I presume most of us aren't trolls anyway but does anyone here follow other football clubs on Twitter? Can't help but notice the influx of cretins such as the likes of ScrumptiousSalah96 or THFCjoe writing shite like "Banter club" or "Didn't ask" to anything and everything the club tweets. Football twitter seems to be a profession for these losers, so embarrassing. I don't even have an interest in half the stuff Leicester tweet let alone 19 other clubs clogging up my feed 

It's only started happening recently. I guess it comes with success on the pitch, the fans of 'big clubs' start seeing us as a threat and behave as they would towards a 'rival' club. :)

Just now, Zear0 said:

I know it's been said before, but that WBA kit is absolutely rancid. Appropriate given the quality of the squad. 

They yellow/green one? It's lovely.

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I quite like it I must say. 

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They yellow/green one? It's lovely.

Given the quality of shouts in the "Birds of the tele thread", I'm not surprised to find such variety of tastes

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Given the quality of shouts in the "Birds of the tele thread", I'm not surprised to find such variety of tastes

Variety is the spice and all that. I like the look of this Conor Gallagher. Looks a class above the others on his side. 

19 minutes ago, brucey said:

It's only started happening recently. I guess it comes with success on the pitch, the fans of 'big clubs' start seeing us as a threat and behave as they would towards a 'rival' club. :)

I saw a Wolves fan mock us for our u21s losing 5-1 against Soton, when only 10mins before they had lost at home to 10 man Villa lol I know saving face isn't something that they'd care about but I'd definitely crawl back into my cave for a few hours before trolling again 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No chance. I like The Bear, he's a good poster. 

I've always felt Wolves to be boring... I said about a year ago I don't think they'll ever make top 4 in the PL.

I generally like Wolves but they are very one dimensional. I know we aren't exactly super pleasing on the eye lately but we do try to actually play progressive football. Wolves will never go to the next level with Nuno. He is too pragmatic as a coach. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don’t know how Villa don’t get picked up on for how dirty they are and how much they cheat. Diving and falling to the ground everywhere.

100% and we are the most booked team and we have done the less amount of fouls.

PL is crazy

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

We had 16 shots with 7 on target today. Which is more than you lot usually create to be fair to us, that wasn't the issue today. Our problem is scoring from them. Jimenez gets a large percentage of the goals because he's the best finisher we have. We'll likely struggle without him, but the switch to 4-2-3-1 has helped us create more at least. 

We create better chances that actually hit the back of the net. We're not the ones in the bottom half right now.