Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, KFS said:

I love seeing Newcastle stutter as much as Arsenal and West Ham. Another set of deluded fans demanding success based on a shit squad and nothing else than their ground being big...

Really?!  All the Newcastle fans I know have always been really quite level headed. They’ve know they’ve been terrible since shearer and don’t expect much from the club while Ashley is in place. 

They are a big club by all means. Do we just dislike all clubs that are bigger than us? 

I just don’t get this one at all. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'll swear virtually every one of these Big 6 showdowns this season has been utterly dreadful. 

Do you remember "Grand Slam Sunday" in the mid to late 00s when they'd spend a while week building up to two games that usually finished 1-0, 0-0 or 1-1? Dull is usually the default on these games.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'll swear virtually every one of these Big 6 showdowns this season has been utterly dreadful. 

Ah but Alan Smith and his Sky colleagues think differently.

18 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

They bill this like it's El Classico but the standard so far has been pathetic. 

They overhype this game every year. Like many, Liverpool v United is another one. They’re almost always boring and end 0-0 or the odd goal but very overrated Derby imo.

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

They have. I can at least respect Spurs as they are making it clear that they are going to play defensive spoil tactics to win these games. The rest are trying to market their styles as free flowing and attacking but they are equally as shit.