Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

10 hours ago, twister said:

united may batter the lads on saturday

but at least we wont have to hear ****ing neville on commentary again

How is this ****ing allowed, ex players shouldn't be doing their teams games every week

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pundits-gary-neville-jamie-carragher-glenn-hoddle-gary-lineker-sky-sports-bt-sport-a8918826.html

this is a good piece on this but it drives me mad.

Good spot twister. I'm sick to death of partisan pundits who do nothing but bull up their ex team - even tapping up players live in TV.

Let's get back to objectivity

12 hours ago, twister said:

united may batter the lads on saturday

but at least we wont have to hear ****ing neville on commentary again

How is this ****ing allowed, ex players shouldn't be doing their teams games every week

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pundits-gary-neville-jamie-carragher-glenn-hoddle-gary-lineker-sky-sports-bt-sport-a8918826.html

this is a good piece on this but it drives me mad.

Great assessment of what's happening. 

Just wanted to highlight the use of 'pulling for their teams' as another Americanism that's slowly seeping into British sports. It's telling that the author identifies partisan summary as part of the American franchising model of sport packaging but then goes on to use American phrases in discussion. It happens because you let it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bfox said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsenal-rodgers-leicester-barcelona-job-4820986?fbclid=IwAR1H0-ayr9QYl2gRHDFd3KEqBnFh-pC4s5DX6DVfQ7b__A-ABO8UE6tyUBQ 

Not sure if this has been posted/discussed - only noticed it today. Not much really, just another example of an outsider talking absolute shite

Big lol.

I think old Keys' is having a senior moment, probably been on the Bell's. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Mourinho hanging Dele Alli out to dry in public is typical of the twat. Why Spurs won't win anything apart from being Spurs! He creates toxicity. 

Yeah I don't get his constant bashing of him. It's like what he did to Shaw when at Man U. I'm not a big fan of either but seems a bit much from the manager.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Mourinho hanging Dele Alli out to dry in public is typical of the twat. Why Spurs won't win anything apart from being Spurs! He creates toxicity. 

Alli will go to PSG now that Poch is going there.

Jose doesn't have time for any players that don't put in the effort any more.

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Mourinho i think wants Dele to improve, Mourinho's knows Dele's got talent and is young thats why he's giving him some tough love. Ho won't do the same with playets like Lucas becos Mourinho knows they are less talented and won't improve.

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Mourinho i think wants Dele to improve, Mourinho's knows Dele's got talent and is young thats why he's giving him some tough love. Ho won't do the same with playets like Lucas becos Mourinho knows they are less talented and won't improve.

I’m certainly no fan of Dele Ali but as been said in a post previously above this is going down the Luke Shaw route which I certainly don’t like, if you have an Issue sort it out face to face there is no need to hammer him in the press about it

All I can see like with Luke Shaw he’s being used as a scapegoat as it won’t help Dele Ali’s game being hammered by his manager and press all the while the only thing it might actually help is the other players because none of them will want to be in Dele Ali’s position 

Edited by jammie82uk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Wonder if a few Spurs players could move. PSG are minted, could see Kane moving over to work with Poch, Mbappe and Neymar? That would be a ridiculous amount of talent

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wonder if a few Spurs players could move. PSG are minted, could see Kane moving over to work with Poch, Mbappe and Neymar? That would be a ridiculous amount of talent

I think levy would be looking for 200m. Can’t see it personally, as good as Kane is, he’s not 200m good. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

He signed Gareth Bale? 

Bale is finished as a top level footballer, and has been for a while. Signs him anyway and still doesn't play him despite the huge wages he is on. 

Jose  digs out Dele but is patient with Bale who is unfit and untrustworthy to play in a Jose park the bus system. 

Edited by Koke

17 minutes ago, Koke said:

He signed Gareth Bale? 

Bale is finished as a top level footballer, and has been for a while. Signs him anyway and still doesn't play him despite the huge wages he is on. 

Jose  digs out Dele but is patient with Bale who is unfit and untrustworthy to play in a Jose park the bus system. 

That one was for the fans no doubt.

23 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Regarding the League Cup:

Starting in 2020–21, the winners get a place in the UEFA Europa Conference League. Should the winner also qualify for Europe through other means at the end of the season, this place is transferred to the highest-placed Premier League team not already qualified for European competition.

The new Conference does seem thoroughly pointless - a third tier of European competition below one already treated as an afterthought (despite how much fun it's been for us so far).

Can't help but think this will just be another nail in the coffin of the League Cup.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think levy would be looking for 200m. Can’t see it personally, as good as Kane is, he’s not 200m good. 

Kane turns 28 at the end of July, he never was a real speed demon but is at the stage where most players slow down (not Vardy). I would be shocked if a club would pay 150 plus for him. Levy will never let him go on the cheap so I feel he will play out his winless career at Tottenham. Bit of a shame in a way. 

31 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The new Conference does seem thoroughly pointless - a third tier of European competition below one already treated as an afterthought (despite how much fun it's been for us so far).

Can't help but think this will just be another nail in the coffin of the League Cup.

players will be so demotivated in that event, it will be miserable playing in that arse end of a compeition

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Kane turns 28 at the end of July, he never was a real speed demon but is at the stage where most players slow down (not Vardy). I would be shocked if a club would pay 150 plus for him. Levy will never let him go on the cheap so I feel he will play out his winless career at Tottenham. Bit of a shame in a way. 

retires a one club legend not the worst thing in the world

A dying thing in the game.

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

You do your tough love in private. Jose acted the twat again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

You do your tough love in private. Jose acted the twat again. 

Yup, people give him too much credit. He is starting to feel the pressure and is doing his usual deflection tactic. Over the next few weeks more and more players will be thrown under the bus. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Yup, people give him too much credit. He is starting to feel the pressure and is doing his usual deflection tactic. Over the next few weeks more and more players will be thrown under the bus. 

Not sure that'll have much impact if the bus is always parked :D

• Haha 3