Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Bit random, but just saw Moussa Sissoko has 65 caps for France. Genuinely don't remember any of them bar maybe 3. How such a limited player got so many caps for a strong football nation like France, I will never know. Its not like France are running low on CMs.

Edited by Koke

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Bit random, but just saw Moussa Sissoko has 65 caps for France. Genuinely don't remember any of them bar maybe 3. How such a limited player got so many caps for a strong football nation like France, I will never know. Its not like France are running low on CMs.

I remember a while ago, he was struggling at Newcastle and then going off and playing major tournaments for France. I don't think they play him at CM though. Seem to recall him playing on the right. 

Perfect example of picking a limited player over more natural talent because they better fit the specific way you are trying to play football. 

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Mourinho i think wants Dele to improve, Mourinho's knows Dele's got talent and is young thats why he's giving him some tough love. Ho won't do the same with playets like Lucas becos Mourinho knows they are less talented and won't improve.

Not sure it has to be done so publically.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not sure it has to be done so publically.

I agree. It's pretty classless but that's Mourinho. He starts this shit all the time as a media distraction to shift blame away from him. I don't see a line up of clubs after Spurs give him the bums rush. He is the epitome of "yesterdays man".

Heard from a LCFC source that Jack Grealish will be joining Manchester City at the end of the season, with everything agreed between themselves.

Man City were very willing to meet his £100m release clause (!).

26 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Heard from a LCFC source that Jack Grealish will be joining Manchester City at the end of the season, with everything agreed between themselves.

They're buying Aston Villa?  I didn't think we wanted B teams in this league :P

55 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

He's an exceptional talent that has really kicked on lately. Wonder how he'd fit into their side. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

He's an exceptional talent that has really kicked on lately. Wonder how he'd fit into their side. 

I reckon he will take up that David Silva shaped hole in their side. Midfield 3 of Grealish, KDB and a Holding midfielder. 

16 hours ago, gurru991 said:

I agree. It's pretty classless but that's Mourinho. He starts this shit all the time as a media distraction to shift blame away from him. I don't see a line up of clubs after Spurs give him the bums rush. He is the epitome of "yesterdays man".

Also surprised Levy let's Mourinho talk down the value of Alli so obviously. Brendan makes it clear Gray doesn't have a future at Foxes, but in a way that doesn't deter potential clubs - just smarter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Jose has international manager written all over him. 

If he was in charge of the Portuguese national side, he could pick his own players each time as his man management seems terrible. 

3 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Now then, the question is, do I go drop this bit of info on a villa supporting mate, on Christmas Day just as he’s about to probably tuck into his turkey? It’ll ruin his day lol 

Is It ok to say bollocks ‘to good will to all man’ lol 

• Haha 1

The PL have just put out a video named 'best assists in premier league history'. Thought I'd give it a watch thinking Mahrez would be on when he set up Vardy against Man City, but no, the whole video filled with Man City, Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal players. Surprise surprise. Think Payet was the only one not from one of the above teams. De Bruyne on twice and both were good assists but not amazing. 

43 minutes ago, Koke said:

Chelsea are moving to get Haaland. Their firepower is gonna be insane if they get him. 

I’m sure they’ll still manage to turn him into a donkey with a poor first touch and a player that can’t hit a barn door tho :ph34r: Chelsea effect. 

47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Chelsea are moving to get Haaland. Their firepower is gonna be insane if they get him. 

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

I’m sure they’ll still manage to turn him into a donkey with a poor first touch and a player that can’t hit a barn door tho :ph34r: Chelsea effect. 

Apparently he has a 60m release clause 

and he’s raiola’s player so he ain’t going to yanited 

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

I'm sure I remember reading he's happy to do another year there. 

If he's sensible and waits it out, he could comfortably go to the biggest club in the world in a years time. 

Currently, too many big clubs are in a mess. Real, Barca, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, PSG all look a complete ****ing state. 

He's the heir to Lewa, he's going to be the best 9 of his generation by miles. If he has any brains he waits til the dust settles before he commits to anything. 

• Like 1

On 24/12/2020 at 18:43, Foxy_Bear said:

I remember a while ago, he was struggling at Newcastle and then going off and playing major tournaments for France. I don't think they play him at CM though. Seem to recall him playing on the right. 

Perfect example of picking a limited player over more natural talent because they better fit the specific way you are trying to play football. 

In Euro 2016 he was picked ahead of Kanté.....

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, deep blue said:

When I think of assists, that one of Mahrez v Man City sticks out a mile - one that I'll never forget and quote as being insane, pure poetry (I showed my wife through it yesterday, but she just rolled her eyes😤).  The whole move was pefection - the clinical huge long lofted pass to Mahrez, the anticipation and movement of Vardy and his pointing exactly where he wanted it, Mahrez's instant deflection on the volley into his path with perfect angle and weight, and finally, of course, Vardy's clinical finish.  All this executed in solid rain on a waterlogged surface.  I've never seen any move to match it.

How a panel of "experts" omit that I just can't imagine.

My favourite assists are both against United Mahrez when he runs clean through, stops, turns, reads the newspaper, has a cupola, then slots Vardy through to score.

And Fuchs for the 11 in 11 goal, that pass was unbelievable.

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

When I think of assists, that one of Mahrez v Man City sticks out a mile - one that I'll never forget and quote as being insane, pure poetry (I showed my wife through it yesterday, but she just rolled her eyes😤).  The whole move was pefection - the clinical huge long lofted pass to Mahrez, the anticipation and movement of Vardy and his pointing exactly where he wanted it, Mahrez's instant deflection on the volley into his path with perfect angle and weight, and finally, of course, Vardy's clinical finish.  All this executed in solid rain on a waterlogged surface.  I've never seen any move to match it.

Completely agree with all this, let’s not also forget it was Mahrez’s weak foot which made it even better for me

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Possibly because it was for Leicester and not a "big club". If Mahrez did that for Man City it would be talked about forever. 

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm sure I remember reading he's happy to do another year there. 

If he's sensible and waits it out, he could comfortably go to the biggest club in the world in a years time. 

Currently, too many big clubs are in a mess. Real, Barca, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, PSG all look a complete ****ing state. 

He's the heir to Lewa, he's going to be the best 9 of his generation by miles. If he has any brains he waits til the dust settles before he commits to anything. 

Money talks

If he’s offered another fortune, he’ll go I suspect