Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm not too concerned about Rodgers to be honest. There's this narrative that he jumps ship as soon as something better comes along, but that's not strictly true. Leaving Swansea in a good position to join Liverpool and leaving Celtic to return to competitive football is hardly comparable. 

With Celtic he had been there 3 and a bit years and won everything, the only potential thing keeping him there was this 10 in a row nonsense. 

He said he left because he couldn't turn down the opportunity we had presented him with. Young players, Training ground, money to spend etc. 

Chelsea have just had their big round of player investment, so he'd have to wait a while for that to come round again. Adding to that the pressure to perform instantly, and the fact there's not much chance of them winning the league this season, the only real appeal would be the Champions League a season early.

He's just moved into a house in Nottingham, seems very nicely settled and I honestly believe his next move will be to Spain/Germany, I bet you anything he's already learning a language or two!

We all know he loves the ego massage, he'd get a lot more of that for taking us to a top 4 finish/title challenge plus a trophy or two than he would do at Chelsea.  

Bang on. The 10-in a row is only for fans. It wouldn’t help his career. 

I wouldn’t begrudge him the Chelsea move tbh but I think he probably has a lot more he wants to do with us. 

Edited by Lambert09

39 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats your take on it..but these somewhat Catty spitefull calls, falls more against the poster..

Before you reply, all opinions count,but many Fall in stoney ground,when one cynicalyl attacks a successful improved manager's character and one

can bring something more to the table

Cheap Shots are a Social-Media Norm it seems..!!

I’m not really sure what this means/what I’ve done in your opinion here? Sorry... not being rude just really don’t understand this reply. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Spineless

The FA say it is up to the league, the league say it is up to the teams. 

They've broken national lockdown restrictions which we all have to abide by and the organisations that clamp down on most minor indiscretions avoid responsibility and taking action. Pathetic. 

• Like 3

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, casablancas said:

He just declared elite sport must not continue! Did I hear that right?

Say it isn't so :sweating: