Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

51 minutes ago, KingsX said:

There seems to be some confusion in the Liverpool defense.

turq.JPG.7b4363285d478e906bb499f600d7cf6c.JPG

Colour of their kit is actually just the inverse of their usual red

Screenshot2021010420.jpg

Strangely enough ours is similar to the Gold we used for a while under Mo'N

20210104210201.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hard game.

I think they are just much better than us.

Look at how Southampton played that 1st half and compare it to both our halfs against a even weaker Liverpool side.

"Much better?" Come off it. We're very, very similar - prone to brilliance but they've had a few clanging results themselves.

• Like 4

Kinda raging that the handball interpretation has been changed mid-season, even if that one would have benefitted Liverpool.

Mid-season is NOT the time to change how the games are refereed, however broken the rule in question, because it basically means that game-changing calls earlier in the season would be null and void under the same competition had they occured later.

Until a month or two ago, that's given.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

"Much better?" Come off it. We're very, very similar - prone to brilliance but they've had a few clanging results themselves.

If they were much better than us they wouldn’t be below us in the league after Chrimbo. By and large the table doesn’t lie this deep in to a season. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hard game.

Look at how Southampton played that 1st half and compare it to both our halfs against a even weaker Liverpool side.

Let see how they get on when they are missing, 3 of their best defenders and 1 of their best midfileders for 70% of the league campaign 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hard game.

We were poor against Liverpool, I mean brighton, Newcastle and West Brom all took points off them, and did much better than us it happens. One game doesn’t tell you who is better, the table does that, at this moment with nearly half the season played we are ahead. 

6 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Kinda raging that the handball interpretation has been changed mid-season, even if that one would have benefitted Liverpool.

Mid-season is NOT the time to change how the games are refereed, however broken the rule in question, because it basically means that game-changing calls earlier in the season would be null and void under the same competition had they occured later.

Until a month or two ago, that's given.

We had one against liverpool that wasnt given that was even worse than that one imo. This one he had no time to react, the one we had against liverpool he moved his hand into the ball with plenty of time to react.

25 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Hard game.

Will be their first points against the current top 5. That’s the difference 

I like Hassle.... I can't be bothered to look up how to spell his name... and think Southampton did brilliantly standing by him after we thrashed them. Almost every club would have cut him loose. But this idea they're "much better than us"!!!! Nah. He should go to Chelsea in a couple of weeks once Lampard is kicked to the curb. 

It might be an unpopular opinion but I think BR can win us the league. That's not the same as saying he will, not by a looooong way. It would need the stars to align. But the longer we stay in touching distance of the top the better chances we have for those stars to align. The season is way too unpredictable and every club lacks consistency to wipe any of the current top 5 teams off from winning it.