Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

If it's accurate that BR is currently on £10m a year, I cannot see Chelsea or anyone else tripling or quadrupling that.

I think it’s 8

and why would they have to triple it ?  They’re a big club where he started off his coaching career .......walking back in as the top dog would be very satisfying.......

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s 8

and why would they have to triple it ?  They’re a big club where he started off his coaching career .......walking back in as the top dog would be very satisfying.......

I was responding to the speculation that they could do so in a previous entry.

Apart from Lampard, Chelsea don't tend to poach managers from other clubs. Its usually someone out of work so I think Tuchel/Allegri (if he's still out of work) are more likely. The bigger clubs more often than not go for whoever the biggest name is out of work at that time, or they agree something for the end of a season. 

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

You cannot fail at any job when taking over in Feb.

Its more of the argument of you seeing things that are more favourable to you.

BR Has close Chelsea connections anyway.

Chelsea are a bigger club than Leicester.

Chelsea has unlimited transfer funds every window.

Chelsea would or could offer triple or quadruple the wages we do.

Yes we are doing well but we are doing well with tight financial transfer activity.  BR might want to have another go are splashing cash at a bigger club.

Don't see that as real. Would you swap the Leicester job for Chelsea ? I presume tax to some extent levels out these astronomical rewards anyway. Abramovich can "faii;" any manager regardless of what month he takes over. Look at the Chelsea record. I 'd like to think and hope Brendan Rogers is smarter than that.

From the little I know (as usual) Lampard is a smart guy and probably given time will sort things and I hope he does. Missing top six for a season is hardly a crisis unless everyone jumps on the speculation band wagon, and the same is true for us although if we make the bottom 14 questions may be asked, Brendan.  

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Im sure a certain manager left a job in Scotland not so long ago in Feb without a transfer window etc.

Cant for the life of me remember who it is thou?

celtic fans wont forget for rodgers to be fair. He wont want to play them any time soon.

1 hour ago, Alan Frost said:

Don't see that as real. Would you swap the Leicester job for Chelsea ? I presume tax to some extent levels out these astronomical rewards anyway. Abramovich can "faii;" any manager regardless of what month he takes over. Look at the Chelsea record. I 'd like to think and hope Brendan Rogers is smarter than that.

From the little I know (as usual) Lampard is a smart guy and probably given time will sort things and I hope he does. Missing top six for a season is hardly a crisis unless everyone jumps on the speculation band wagon, and the same is true for us although if we make the bottom 14 questions may be asked, Brendan.  

Let's be real here.

Let's say your on 50k a year.

You get a job offer from a bigger company that is currently not at their best for 200k a year.

What would you do?

We are all human and BR has no connection to Leicester to be loyal.

I dont want him to leave but the reality is if they came calling he possibly would.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

If it's accurate that BR is currently on £10m a year, I cannot see Chelsea or anyone else tripling or quadrupling that.

This should be renamed the 'What If' thread. If Chelsea come knocking and Rodgers wants to go, then it would be regrettable, but I suspect Top knows more about choosing a replacement now than he did two years ago ago. Vichai and Top were new to our culture and our football culture when they bought the Club. It must have been a steep learning curve for them, but they've succeeded in a manner we couldn't get have thought possible. Would anyone argue against the assertion that LCFC is now one of the best run clubs worldwide?

Rodgers would have more to lose than City if he chose to chase  money and silverware. For me, he hasn't proven anything yet - trophies and a better rep. might come easier to him with this Club and squad. 

Even amongst the big six, there's still a hierarchy -  with Liverpool and Man City still stronger than the others. So his opportunity,  should he go elsewhere, might prove a fruitless and futile move.

He could replicate MoN's legendary status here, rather than being seen as the guy who didn't really make it anywhere.

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

What is this absolute nonsense Are players no longer allowed to run beside each other? 

dale jonhson is a muppet who supports var  without question on every call even when wrong, every pen even when wrong, and in my dealings with him on twitter comes across as a clueless overpaid person who isnt qualified to even do the job he has

• Like 2

I'm not too concerned about Rodgers to be honest. There's this narrative that he jumps ship as soon as something better comes along, but that's not strictly true. Leaving Swansea in a good position to join Liverpool and leaving Celtic to return to competitive football is hardly comparable. 

With Celtic he had been there 3 and a bit years and won everything, the only potential thing keeping him there was this 10 in a row nonsense. 

He said he left because he couldn't turn down the opportunity we had presented him with. Young players, Training ground, money to spend etc. 

Chelsea have just had their big round of player investment, so he'd have to wait a while for that to come round again. Adding to that the pressure to perform instantly, and the fact there's not much chance of them winning the league this season, the only real appeal would be the Champions League a season early.

He's just moved into a house in Nottingham, seems very nicely settled and I honestly believe his next move will be to Spain/Germany, I bet you anything he's already learning a language or two!

We all know he loves the ego massage, he'd get a lot more of that for taking us to a top 4 finish/title challenge plus a trophy or two than he would do at Chelsea.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

What is this absolute nonsense Are players no longer allowed to run beside each other? 

I'm the first to bemoan soft penalties, but you can't get away with tripping an opponent in the box, accidental or not.

• Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1379383/Chelsea-make-Brendan-Rodgers-decision-next-manager-Frank-Lampard

Chelsea make Brendan Rodgers decision after Leicester boss 'upset' Blues hierarchy
Brendan Rodgers is the bookies' favourite to replace Frank Lampard if he is sacked by Chelsea.
By RYAN TAYLOR

Chelsea have already decided that they're unlikely to ever consider appointing Brendan Rodgers as their manager, in the wake of comments he made back in 2014 while in charge of Liverpool. The Leicester boss is the favourite to replace Frank Lampard, should Roman Abramovich decide that change is necessary in west London.

Lampard is under increasing pressure following yesterday's humiliating 3-1 defeat Manchester City.

While the result may not look so bad on paper, the Blues were outclassed from minute one as found themselves three goals behind at the break.

Chelsea are now said to be considering Lampard's future and assessing potential replacements.

While the bookies consider Rodgers an obvious contender following his progress at Leicester and previous ties at Chelsea where he worked under Jose Mourinho, it appears the Northern Irishman is not under consideration.

Chelsea have decided they Brendan Rodgers won't ever manage the Blues

According to The Athletic, Rodgers has upset the Chelsea hierarchy in the past and will therefore not be offered the chance to manage the Blues.

Following his arrival at Liverpool, Rodgers appeared to poke several digs at Chelsea by suggesting he was now at a "big club".

When discussing loanee Victor Moses in 2014, he told the Liverpool Echo: “It’s not easy when you come to a big club.

“You come from a really good club like Chelsea to a massive club like Liverpool, where there is expectancy every day.”

Following interest from Arsenal, Rodgers committed his long-term future to Leicester in December 2019 by signing a new contract.

The deal is set to run until 2025 and following the opening of the club's new multi-million-pound training centre, the Foxes have ambitious plans for the future with Rodgers at the helm.

Massimiliano Allegri, Thomas Tuchel and Rafael Benitez are the other names in contention.

Despite talk of the sack, Lampard was in a defiant mood after Chelsea's latest setback against Man City.

"I’m not concerned on that point [about the sack]," Lampard said. "I expected periods of difficulty this year, I said it when we beat Leeds and everyone was championing us to be title contenders – I know that it doesn’t come that easy, I know where we’re at.

"Whether it puts pressure on me is regardless. Because a month ago everyone was asking when I’d sign a new contract, and now people will be saying different things because in quick succession, over a tight, busy period, we’ve lost four games of football.

"So the pressure remains constant in this job and you know in tough moments that will be there. I didn’t get into this job being unaware of that.

"My job is to keep working, my job is to try and lift the players who would have felt that in the first half, they would have felt the differences of City and their receiving of the ball and their individual ability to take the ball in tight areas. We’re fighting to try and match those levels and I know it takes time."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Let's be real here.

Let's say your on 50k a year.

You get a job offer from a bigger company that is currently not at their best for 200k a year.

What would you do?

We are all human and BR has no connection to Leicester to be loyal.

I dont want him to leave but the reality is if they came calling he possibly would.

Doubt Chelsea would bump his wages up by much, he is already one of the best paid in the league. Here he isn’t on edge and doing a great job at a club which is moving forward fast; at Chelsea for what I think would be a minimal increase in wages, he is in danger of losing his job pretty much from the off, the team isn’t good enough to meet expectations and then he would have to take a big wage cut once sacked because of how unstable that job is. We are already paying Rodgers what is an elite level wage 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 2

Pathetic from FA and Premier League. They could have set out a good precedent and clear message here. For the good of their own league(s) as well as reputation for themselves and footballers/football clubs. 

Just reeks of passing the buck? 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pathetic from FA and Premier League. They could have set out a good precedent and clear message here. For the good of their own league(s) as well as reputation for themselves and footballers/football clubs. 

Spineless

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I'm not too concerned about Rodgers to be honest. There's this narrative that he jumps ship as soon as something better comes along, but that's not strictly true. Leaving Swansea in a good position to join Liverpool and leaving Celtic to return to competitive football is hardly comparable. 

With Celtic he had been there 3 and a bit years and won everything, the only potential thing keeping him there was this 10 in a row nonsense. 

He said he left because he couldn't turn down the opportunity we had presented him with. Young players, Training ground, money to spend etc. 

Chelsea have just had their big round of player investment, so he'd have to wait a while for that to come round again. Adding to that the pressure to perform instantly, and the fact there's not much chance of them winning the league this season, the only real appeal would be the Champions League a season early.

He's just moved into a house in Nottingham, seems very nicely settled and I honestly believe his next move will be to Spain/Germany, I bet you anything he's already learning a language or two!

We all know he loves the ego massage, he'd get a lot more of that for taking us to a top 4 finish/title challenge plus a trophy or two than he would do at Chelsea.  

Thats your take on it..but these somewhat Catty spitefull calls, falls more against the poster..

Before you reply, all opinions count,but many Fall in stoney ground,when one cynicalyl attacks a successful improved manager's character and one

can bring something more to the table

Cheap Shots are a Social-Media Norm it seems..!!

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not good enough! Disgraceful. They got away with it then. Points should have been deducted if games were postponed due to covid cases caused by these parties 😡 

• Like 1