Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Well ,Brendan , can't complain at what we're achieving. Now for a difficult couple of weeks, if you could find us some home form and get our strongest team performing against Southampton and Chelsea then who knows ? After Newcastle I still don't feel you've quite got the team performing as better than the sum of its parts, the measure of a great manager. You're proving you are good but I reckon you could be great. OK we've got some Europe matches and maybe a couple of cup matches but I'd be happy if we did as well as possible in those , accept whatever we get ,and really went for another title. I know a bit of luck would also be handy but after the injuries maybe we're due that. By and large the Christmas/N Y league results played out well for us. Lets make the most of it. Its a big ask but you're paid well to come up with big answers and I hope you do. 

1 minute ago, Alan Frost said:

Well ,Brendan , can't complain at what we're achieving. Now for a difficult couple of weeks, if you could find us some home form and get our strongest team performing against Southampton and Chelsea then who knows ? After Newcastle I still don't feel you've quite got the team performing as better than the sum of its parts, the measure of a great manager. You're proving you are good but I reckon you could be great. OK we've got some Europe matches and maybe a couple of cup matches but I'd be happy if we did as well as possible in those , accept whatever we get ,and really went for another title. I know a bit of luck would also be handy but after the injuries maybe we're due that. By and large the Christmas/N Y league results played out well for us. Lets make the most of it. Its a big ask but you're paid well to come up with big answers and I hope you do. 

Which of your 4 F1 world titles is your personal favourite?

• Haha 4

Just now, Jonezy said:

Glad we had turgid Newcastle today and not Man City in this form. Yeez, when they are on song, they are something special.

True. 

If you just look at team potential then Man City should be the closest challengers to Liverpool for the title. 

For sometime have thought that Man City will be the main challengers to Liverpool this season.

They're playing the best football in the league and their main issue has been finishing, having sorted out their defence since we beat them. Wouldn't surprise me if they have the best defensive record in the league since we played them. 

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Which of your 4 F1 world titles is your personal favourite?

Well they were all consumate, but probably the first Altho I was lucky ,passed Mansell while he was still singing "You picked a fine time to Leave me Loose wheel." I'm only 77 by the way , I could yet get more.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

For sometime have thought that Man City will be the main challengers to Liverpool this season.

They're playing the best football in the league and their main issue has been finishing, having sorted out their defence since we beat them. Wouldn't surprise me if they have the best defensive record in the league since we played them. 

your probably right we put 5 past them and they only conceded 7 other goals in 16 games not bad