Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Reckon Chelsea will sack Frank this week and appoint the German Thomas Tuchel who seems to have more tactical knowlege than Frank Lampard. Looks like the Chelsea players have found Frank out, that he knows not much about football management

Tbf it’s difficult to name anyone with less tactical knowledge. He got the job after being arguably their greatest ever player and getting derby to 6th the same they achieved the previous season. 

• Like 1

rodgers may have worked there but chelski is a posioned chalice, marina and co have full control...he'd get none

theyd sack him within a year or two and he'd back at the bottom end of the league again

He has a long term project at leicester he needs to carry it on for another 18 months and if he then wants to move on so be it.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

City were enjoyable to watch at times today, some classic stuff. Chelsea have gone well off..... Frank is done I think. Can’t spend like they have to be shite. 

funny i think their relationship with him will be ruined, binned him off as a player then a manager. no going back. like a ugly divorce.

I wish pundits would stop referring to Manchester City as “City”.  There’s another City in the Premier League. What would a martian think if it just landed? 

That said they were scarily good today against Chelsea. Gulp 😕

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I wish pundits would stop referring to Manchester City as “City”.  There’s another City in the Premier League. What would a martian think if it just landed? 

That said they were scarily good today against Chelsea. Gulp 😕

Particularly annoying in the pre match build up on Sky today, with both matches featuring a City side. At one point I was very impressed with their assessment of us and then they mentioned our lack of goals without Aguero....

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Particularly annoying in the pre match build up on Sky today, with both matches featuring a City side. At one point I was very impressed with their assessment of us and then they mentioned our lack of goals without Aguero....

Yes and Leicester’s attacking threat with Ashley Barnes 🙁

36 minutes ago, twister said:

rodgers may have worked there but chelski is a posioned chalice, marina and co have full control...he'd get none

theyd sack him within a year or two and he'd back at the bottom end of the league again

He has a long term project at leicester he needs to carry it on for another 18 months and if he then wants to move on so be it.

Personally think he'd want to go if they came in for him. 

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

City were enjoyable to watch at times today, some classic stuff. Chelsea have gone well off..... Frank is done I think. Can’t spend like they have to be shite. 

When man city are on it they play a bit like Leicester...

Graham Potter has surely got to be the next manager out the door, in 20 months at Brighton and 61 games in all competitions he has just 14 wins. 
Another manager who they talk about playing nice football and being “unlucky” but that is an atrocious record and it’s lovely to play nice football , but ultimately it’s a results business and if he keeps them up this season, it will be because WBA, Sheff United and one other are below the usual standard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Gosh this would be disappointing. He's infuriating at times, but another summer of decent recruiting and I think we're going to be genuine contenders 

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'm not so sure. He is the big Cahuna here with input in transfers & a direct line to the owner. Brendan aint nobody's fool, he will do what's best for Brendan & more power to him.

Don't kid yourselves, if Chelsea come knocking Brendan is out of here. Chelsea are a club with title aspirations every season and don't mind splashing the cash to get there. No way he could turn it down. I don't think they will go for him though, Tuchel or Allegri probably 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't kid yourselves, if Chelsea come knocking Brendan is out of here. Chelsea are a club with title aspirations every season and don't mind splashing the cash to get there. No way he could turn it down. I don't think they will go for him though, Tuchel or Allegri probably 

Listening to TalkSport this am and the feeling is Frank has probably till end Jan to turn Chelsea around.

If I were the Chelsea board, Rodgers would definitely be my target. And I think you’re right, he’d go.

36 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Listening to TalkSport this am and the feeling is Frank has probably till end Jan to turn Chelsea around.

If I were the Chelsea board, Rodgers would definitely be my target. And I think you’re right, he’d go.

No one would go into a job like that in Feb, without a transfer window. I think Lampard will get until the end of the season and then a friendly handshake in May.

I cannot imagine at the point Chelsea do not go after a huge name - Simione, Zidane, Flick etc

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

No one would go into a job like that in Feb, without a transfer window. I think Lampard will get until the end of the season and then a friendly handshake in May.

I cannot imagine at the point Chelsea do not go after a huge name - Simione, Zidane, Flick etc

Im sure a certain manager left a job in Scotland not so long ago in Feb without a transfer window etc.

Cant for the life of me remember who it is thou?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Im sure a certain manager left a job in Scotland not so long ago in Feb without a transfer window etc.

Cant for the life of me remember who it is thou?

Completely different job, he was upgrading massively. Unless Chelsea go for someone out of work they will have to pull someone away who is doing well at their club to risk failure at Chelsea.

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Completely different job, he was upgrading massively. Unless Chelsea go for someone out of work they will have to pull someone away who is doing well at their club to risk failure at Chelsea.

You cannot fail at any job when taking over in Feb.

Its more of the argument of you seeing things that are more favourable to you.

BR Has close Chelsea connections anyway.

Chelsea are a bigger club than Leicester.

Chelsea has unlimited transfer funds every window.

Chelsea would or could offer triple or quadruple the wages we do.

Yes we are doing well but we are doing well with tight financial transfer activity.  BR might want to have another go are splashing cash at a bigger club.