Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Harvey Barnes

And why not.  I think we should let the ‘big’ 6 cherry pick who they like so we descend back into our rightful place.  Come on Rudders get it all done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Despite winning the title, Klopp wants to add a forward to his squad and had targeted Wolves ’ Adama Traore, but so far his interest has been rebuffed.

That led to interest in Barnes – but Leicester won't let him go cheaply.

So Wolves rebuff but we'll accept a big offer!

• Like 1

Barnes is raw and will develop. If he wants to sit on Liverpool’s bench every now and again for a season or two then that’s his call ......... I doubt he will at this stage of his career.   he does fit their running style though needs a lot of work on ball recovery  .....

Edited by st albans fox

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah, that's super-believable.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

No disrespect to Harvey, but he's not Liverpool level at this point.  Not even close.

He would be better backup than they have. Between January and lockdown he was comfortably our most threatening player. And he's very young. I'm sure he could do a great job there, but fingers crossed we tell them to f*** off if there is any truth in it.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

He's not the finished product by any means but there's clearly a lot of talent there and Liverpool may well want to take a risk on the talent and develop him further. If Barnes was to improve his finishing and composure he could be a 20 goal a season winger and this is something that often comes with age (ie Salah, Sterling etc). I can definitely see why Liverpool would be interested now, when they could afford him rather than a few seasons down the line when we could be asking for silly money.

3 minutes ago, dooflip said:

How can they say Liverpool want to sign one of our first team players and don’t want to spend big in the same breath? I call bullisht.

I think Barnes would go for 40/50 million where big more these days on a forward player is 80-100 million maybe more.

If Barnes dan work on his composure and finishing he will have to chance to be an England regular and a very very good footballer. He has all the raw attributes, if we

let him go I’d question why. I did wonder if he’d be our ‘Gerrard’ that one club man. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Haha 1