Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

David Brooks

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Worth a bump I think, I reckon once we’ve landed Tarks we will bid for him. 

I may be wrong but I just can’t imagine a significant PL club would operate like that, ie once we get X we’ll aim for Y.

I suspect many, many options have been in play for weeks now and continue to be

• Like 3

On 30/08/2020 at 21:16, Wakeyfox said:

Spoken to a good friend of his tonight and he's not interested in coming here. He's happy enough picking up 30k plus per week at Bournemouth apparently. Only move he would be keen on is man utd. 

Only telling you what I've been told. 

Would have liked him here, think he would have fitted in well. 

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

Another report of "expecting a bid in the coming weeks". Why the delay?

We're testing the water with several targets at the same time so that we know how much the cost, what salary expectations there are etc.

Only the biggest clubs can simply go out and get their main targets. Everyone else may have a list of 10 players for a position that needs filling and end up with number 8 on the list.

For all we know Telles was number one choice and he said no so we move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Could have been looking at other targets that haven't materialised so gone back to Brooks. 

Possibly, but in which case why isn't a bid going in now? How is it that Brooks is expecting a bid, but not for a few weeks? Something must be delaying it.

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Possibly, but in which case why isn't a bid going in now? How is it that Brooks is expecting a bid, but not for a few weeks? Something must be delaying it.

Yeh it's all a bit strange. I dont like bringing players in at the last minute but a lot of clubs seem to do it and there must be a reason for it. The world of football transfers is a very complicated business and we dont even know half of what is involved in making transfers happen.