Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

No doubt the thank you to Leicester will come, whether it's meant or not. In this case he owes a lot to the club. 

Thanks should come before pleasing new supporters but there we go. 

Reckon he will still be showing us his love in some fairly adorable and sincere but 'little' ways, like eating pork pies, only ever buying (the bloody finest) red leicester cheese. Saying words like 'mardeh' and going around knocking down historical quite lovely buildings and replacing them with really really horrid buildings.

I'm sure he will write a thank you. He seemed to leave on good terms and LCFC wished him their best wishes. Several players have commented under his instagram too - Hamza, Ayoze, Kelechi, Demarai, Ricardo, Cags.... no Madders yet. I bet he is heartbroken 😊

Edited by Hales

I do think think it's a slightly better deal for us than Chelsea as 50m+ is a lot to spend on a player who whilst fairly decent is a lot more Wayne Bridge than he is Ashley Cole. Dont buy that Lampard will massively improve him either, dont see any evidence of that happening at all from Lampards extremely brief managerial career so far. If we get a decent replacement in I dont think this will set us back much hes def replaceable. Demonstrated by the fact that his most memorable game for me was the Southampton home game last year as it was genuinely one of the worst personal performances I've ever witnessed!

• Like 1

good luck to him.

people can say all they want about us being a selling club but if he's made his mind up that he wants to go then there isn't much else you can do - except get good money for him and hopefully (hopefully) re-invest it well. 

anyone who has started to look for a new job whilst still employed will know that once you're looking and there is an offer on the table, you ain't putting the same amount of heart into your current role - that's for sure.

just need to hope we do a decent job of bringing someone in.

To be honest I have to say that I'm very happy not to have to see Ben Chilwell every week anymore. His soccer skills are very limited and that annoyed me a lot at every game. When I think of his crosses alone, which mostly ended up in nirvana. But even defensively his skills are not enough for a club like Chelsea. From his salary he can at least buy himself a lot of warm long underpants, because the Champions League nights on the substitutes' bench can get very cold. Nevertheless, I'm very excited about his first appearance in the starting XI, whenever that will be...

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not that bothered about losing him, I am bothered about what this continual trend says about us as a club - but that has been discussed in his transfer thread.

I accept some of the point made against mine but I'm still not sure what it says about us, especially when we keep reading (And saying) 'We don't need the money' yet havn't really spent (over all the transfer sales) anything despite needing major stengthening of the squad.

You think anyone looking at us doesn’t think anything but positive? 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I'm not wishing him luck. He plays for a competitor he can **** right off. 

It’s that attitude I wish Chilwell had... my abiding memory of him is him laughing and joking with the competition after a loss.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mucfox said:

To be honest I have to say that I'm very happy not to have to see Ben Chilwell every week anymore. His soccer skills are very limited and that annoyed me a lot at every game. When I think of his crosses alone, which mostly ended up in nirvana. But even defensively his skills are not enough for a club like Chelsea. From his salary he can at least buy himself a lot of warm long underpants, because the Champions League nights on the substitutes' bench can get very cold. Nevertheless, I'm very excited about his first appearance in the starting XI, whenever that will be...

If he's not good enough for a club like Chelsea then he's not good enough for City either. 

• Like 1