Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

4 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Chilwell wasn't as consistent in 2019/20 but the whole tappping up thing is a bit far fetched.

He scored 3 goals last season including 1 against Chelsea and another against Watford that looked like ensuring Champions League for us. This isn't a case of downing tools.

He could be a success with Chelsea. Could have held out for 10 million more but he got a league title with us, and helped us finish 5th last season. He might have stagnated with us. Good luck to him.

Let's move on.

Chilwell didn’t win a league title with us. He lifted the cup at the winning ceremony but didn’t qualify for a medal as he didn’t play in the prem. 

Edited by funkyrobot

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

All clubs do it, let's not get overly moral about it

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Just because it's prevalent doesn't mean it's okay. There are rules about it for a reason. 

For reference I'm not too concerned about losing BC. However, do we want Maddison on international duty if Rashford is going to be in his ear about a move to Utd? 

Put into another dimension - all politicians use their expenses account to buy personal stuff, let's not get too moral about it. All companies circumnavigate tax laws leaving the public to pay more, let's not get too moral about it. 

9 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah agreed I'm sure Castagne has discussed Leicester with Praet and Youri at some point. 

Everybody has a different moral compass @foxile5. Not everything is black and white. Not sure your comparisons are anywhere close to this but hey ho.

Tapping up (in various guises) has gone on probably since transfers started.

Clubs know how to find out if a player might be interested in joining them. This is usually done through players, agents etc.

I suspect very few transfers get done without the buying club seeing first if the player is open to the idea of joining them.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Probably bollocks as it's conjecture on top of conjecture

Shock Man City and Chelsea transfer could make Leicester City millions
Latest Leicester City transfer news from LeicestershireLive as we look at how a potential Ben Chilwell transfer could benefit the Foxes

ByDanny Bloomer
12:26, 10 FEB 2023

Manchester City's interest in Ben Chilwell could be good news for Leicester City if they inserted a sell-on clause in the deal with Chelsea.

The Blues spent £50 million to prise Chilwell from City in the summer of 2020, which in itself was an excellent fee for Brendan Rodgers' side. However, they could benefit even further from the 26-year-old depending on how the negotiations were done almost three years ago and it is likely a sell-on clause was inserted.

Man City are set to be in the market for a new left back in the summer with Joao Cancelo's long-term future at the club very much in doubt following his loan move to Bayern Munich. Pep Guardiola's side are long-term admirers of Chilwell and almost signed him before he went to Chelsea.

According to the Times, City could reignite their interest in the England international this summer as he features on a list of targets. Chelsea could be tempted into selling Chilwell due to a series of injury issues in the last 18 months, as well as the £60m arrival of Marc Cucurella and emergence of Lewis Hall through the academy.

During the early stages of last season, Chilwell had started to emerge as a vital member of Chelsea's starting XI but a cruciate ligament injury saw him miss just under a year of football. A fresh start elsewhere could be what Chilwell needs and that could benefit Leicester too.

That story is woeful. It's just pure speculation.

The mercury have stated "if" there is a sell on clause so have no evidence if there is or is not.

Would be surprised if we managed to negotiate that in as it was already a big move for Chilwell going to Chelsea

I'm happy to be corrected on this but he wouldn't necessarily have to go for more than £50m for us to receive a fee, would he? I think there's a distinction between a clause giving you a percentage of the next transfer fee and one that gives you a percentage of any profit made by the club you sold the player to. Liverpool have one for Danny Ward but there's absolutely no way they could have believed we'd be making a profit on him.

Edited by Guest

14 hours ago, Guest said:

I'm happy to be corrected on this but he wouldn't necessarily have to go for more than £50m for us to receive a fee, would he? I think there's a distinction between a clause giving you a percentage of the next transfer fee and one that gives you a percentage of any profit made by the club you sold the player to. Liverpool have one for Danny Ward but there's absolutely no way they could have believed we'd be making a profit on him.

There are different types of sell on fee, but I did hear recently about the sell on percentage being on the profit not the transfer fee and that being more common.