Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

A little bit sad reading this, i knew he would be going but actually seeing the deal done twangs on the old heartstrings. Hate losing a player, especially one who has been with us for so long and improved year on year. 

All the best Ben for the future. 

£10mn is wages a year, before any bonuses, endorsements, sponsorships etc.

His agent has played a blinder. Good luck to him.

22 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Good luck to the lad. Every one of us would have made that jump from a career/security perspective. Wish him nothing but good luck. 

Career.... fair enough. 

Security? Even at City he earns more in a year than I've earned in my life time and I'm not exactly destitute.

Given how Drinkwater's career panned out, it's got little to do with security, for that he'd probably be better off here. 

For the record, I think he's very unlikely to go the way of DD, but loads of $£€¥ does not automatically equate to security.

Not that bothered about losing him, I am bothered about what this continual trend says about us as a club - but that has been discussed in his transfer thread.

I accept some of the point made against mine but I'm still not sure what it says about us, especially when we keep reading (And saying) 'We don't need the money' yet havn't really spent (over all the transfer sales) anything despite needing major stengthening of the squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not that bothered about losing him, I am bothered about what this continual trend says about us as a club - but that has been discussed in his transfer thread.

I accept some of the point made against mine but I'm still not sure what it says about us, especially when we keep reading (And saying) 'We don't need the money' yet havn't really spent (over all the transfer sales) anything despite needing major stengthening of the squad.

It’s disappointing to lose any good player, but we don’t do fire sales like other clubs where groups of significant players leave. We’ve also improved consistently as a team whilst losing these players, hopefully the trend will continue.

• Like 1

A strange feeling that he is leaving - maybe because he is (was) homegrown. I was never a big fan as he seemed a reasonable full back when on the offensive - although his crossing left a lot to be desired. Defensively he in my opinion didn´t fit the bill. Not very physical and seemed to shy out of stamping his authority on his direct opponent. Remember Willian giving him a serious run around. So I think its a good solution to get rid and get in "new blood".

40 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Think he got a rough deal from our fans, never quite understood the barrage of criticism that always came his way. Think 50m is a touch low, but not bad for an academy prospect and it's reassuring how terrible other clubs around our level/ambition are at generating cash from sales.

I am absolutely begging for things to go south for Chelsea this year though, I'm desperate to see the gymnastics the media do to defend St Frank, the rim job they did on him last season was nauseating.

To be fair, much of the criticism was duly deserved (albeit some of it became somewhat reflexive). His inconsistency was the weakest link in our back four. However inconsistency is often characteristic of youth and relative inexperience, and therefore one suspects he will likely get better and more consistent. BEST WISHES to him.

Edited by NaijaFox

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Just looked on his twitter page. He’s come out with looking forward to playing for chelsea and thanking the manager for having faith in him. No mention of his time at Leicester or thanking us as a club. Has pissed me off. Just thought he’d of mentioned us after being with us that long. 

Most players do the same thing, and then post a thank you message to the former club a short time later. I'd imagine it takes a bit more time to write a genuine heartfelt thank you and goodbye than it does to write a short statement about being excited to join a new club

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Just looked on his twitter page. He’s come out with looking forward to playing for chelsea and thanking the manager for having faith in him. No mention of his time at Leicester or thanking us as a club. Has pissed me off. Just thought he’d of mentioned us after being with us that long. 

Surely there’ll be a second tweet at some point saying this :dunno:

I remember Mahrez having his arm twisted to write a tribute to us (eventually) I’m sure Ben will post something, he’s only known us after all. It was only Christmas time when that duff advert with him giving his scarf to a fan was being shown to death.  He still loves us. 

Edited by Katy
  • Like 1

Just now, Katy said:

I remember Mahrez having his arm twisted to write a tribute to us (eventually) I’m sure Ben will post something, he’s only known us after all. It was only Christmas time when that duff advert with him giving his scarf to a fan. He still loves us. 

He'll be back on loan when they realise he can't defend.