Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

Think he got a rough deal from our fans, never quite understood the barrage of criticism that always came his way. Think 50m is a touch low, but not bad for an academy prospect and it's reassuring how terrible other clubs around our level/ambition are at generating cash from sales.

I am absolutely begging for things to go south for Chelsea this year though, I'm desperate to see the gymnastics the media do to defend St Frank, the rim job they did on him last season was nauseating.

• Thanks 1

Chilwell was brilliant between the 18 yard boxes, and we'll miss his driving runs, but his final product and his defending weren't great at times and if we can get a replacement who can get up and down like he did, but also actually do something when useful at either end of the pitch then I can live with him leaving

• Like 1

Meh, good luck to ya Ben, you'll need it with the added scrutiny being at Stamford Bridge will bring. You were decent enough for us, not as bad as some here make out but also nowhere near the world-class fullback you're made out to be by a lot of the sports media. I think the fees reported are about right, as much as I was hoping for another pants-pulling exercise as we managed with Maguire.

Let's see what Lampard can do with you. As long as you keep your head down and don't take your bird to Greece, I reckon you'll be alright. :ph34r:

I like many here am not too bothered with this, especially since it's been seemingly inevitable since the window opened. Now, let's sign Tagalafico please!

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Chilwell was brilliant between the 18 yard boxes, and we'll miss his driving runs, but his final product and his defending weren't great at times and if we can get a replacement who can get up and down like he did, but also actually do something when useful at either end of the pitch then I can live with him leaving

Sums it up for me, neither a left back or a winger. 

good luck, hope we rinse him twice next year. 

He was extremely frustrating to watch last season, got tore apart many times and his negativity when attacking was a joke.

Maybe Chelsea get the best out of him, and he shows his potential consistently; however as many have said, you’d rather lose Chilwell than the majority of our starting 11.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Good luck to the lad. Every one of us would have made that jump from a career/security perspective. Wish him nothing but good luck. 

He reportedly will be on 190K weekly. Can’t fault that!

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

exactlly my feelings on this one. not bothered hes gone at all

We got a good price, he's neither rubbish nor a world beater. Not the greatest defender, and very inconsistent end product when going forward, but still a good player overall.

The question i have is, since we just sold him and gave Mendy 2 extra years, are we actually signing anybody before sep 12th???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Not sure why people are acting like he's shit or that 50m is us mugging them off when in fact we are the ones being mugged. Must make them feel better about it I guess.

It might just end up being more than 50m, as the club site describes it as “one of the largest transfer fees ever received” by us. Either way, I don’t think of it as a mugging of either party. I think it works out fine for everyone. Chelsea is taking the relatively bigger risk, but every transfer involves some element of risk.