Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ben Chilwell Signs for Chelsea

47 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

what are you 12? did he take your gf?

Youth product to 50m, established himself as England left back 

190k a week 5 years. 

50m in the Club coffers, good luck to him

It’s a simpsons quote mate. Why would he take my gf? Weird conclusion pal. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Good player but maybe a tad overated I just at times he was climsy, however in time he would become a class player. But I dunno I'm not happy one point about this, for a Leicester lad you would have thought he would stuck with the cause. For me at present I don't think Leicester are far of Chelsea, they have a been busy in this transfer window but these players will need to fit in.

I think we are quite far off Chelsea mate being realistic. 

With a £50 million 5 year contract anyone would have their head turned. Hope he has a good career but hope during that time ours is better. He is gone so me move on and look to bring in better and maybe in a few years we have England's left back again. 

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Career.... fair enough. 

Security? Even at City he earns more in a year than I've earned in my life time and I'm not exactly destitute.

Given how Drinkwater's career panned out, it's got little to do with security, for that he'd probably be better off here. 

For the record, I think he's very unlikely to go the way of DD, but loads of $£€¥ does not automatically equate to security.

Did anyone else read $£€¥ as sexy? Or was that just me 🤔

42 minutes ago, Bert said:

I said he’s a fantastic player, not that he’s been fantastic. But we’ll miss him more than you think. But hey, I guess the national team manager, a player that’s won everything in domestic football for the club he manages must be in the wrong jobs. 

not sure about lampard. but southgate is definitely in the wrong job lol 

He'll bomb under the extra scrutiny there after what was afforded here due him being an academy graduate. He's more than replacable and I'll be glad to see the back of him and the minor irritations he causes consistently on match day. 

Just my opinion - although I expect him to finally put a good cross in when he comes back with an assist. 

Hopefully we spend the money wisely. 

49 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Talk about blue tinted glasses, what an idiotic comment. Chelsea are light years ahead of us & we will probably never be able to get anywhere near to what they are. I would imagine they can't believe their luck in being able to sign a 23 year old English international for 50 million (chicken feed to them), who will probably play for them for years. But they know we will always sell to them.

In my opinion. if 50 mill is the fee, we have been well & truly mugged

But our fans say he's crap. 

So he must be, never mind what Chelsea say. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Not a word to LCFC on Twitter but 'special thanks' to Frank Lampard. 

He'll be in for some abuse from the more vocal LCFC twitterati and no mistake. 

He wrote a piece and posted it as a pic

6 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Not a word to LCFC on Twitter but 'special thanks' to Frank Lampard. 

He'll be in for some abuse from the more vocal LCFC twitterati and no mistake. 

Can we stop with any ‘vitriol’ ? 

the fella has gone 

he’s getting paid a fortune and he is going to London where he wants to be 

he isn’t a Leicester fan  - it’s his job

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's had absolutely no competition for the spot with England in the last 18 months, in fact I'd have been damp right offended if he hadn't played. Chilwell hasn't progressed under Rodgers and he regressed after an initial improvement under Puel, he's nowhere proven his potential or warrant the money we have got but it's a gamble Chelsea are willing to take and they may get the better deal but i'd be amazed if so. The money we are getting is unbelievable for such a player.

Imo chillwell has vertigo.  By which I mean he has risen to a high were he is now scared he will lose it.  In the last 2 years he has become ponderous  ....when Ricardo receives the ball his first touch is forward. Chilly used to be like that. Now he gets it on the deck and ponders if to pass sideways or bsck (safe).  He needs to be able to set aside thoughts of the past or future and br more in the moment.  If he cant do this he will start to focus on  every thing he does ...even things he automated years ago and end up playing like a novice 

• Like 1

Since Rodgers arrived he’s been our most disappointing regular starter. I thought he was mostly excellent under Puel and although he has invariably played well for England, he was dreadful for us on many occasions last season - and I mean dreadful as in constantly giving the ball away, chickening out of attacks, and failing to defend properly. His performance at home to Southampton was one of the worst I have seen by a Leicester player in the Premier League. And there were other hopeless displays at Liverpool and Norwich and home to Villa in the Carabao Cup semi etc etc.

He is an excellent athlete, deceptively strong in the air with better than average technique. But he had too many really bad games for us last season and for that reason I think the club have done very good business in getting £50m for him.

I don’t care how he performs for another club, all that matters to me is that the money we have got for him is invested wisely and that Leicester become a better team without him.

• Like 3