Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Played well amongst all the gloom. 

Beat Burnley next week and it's a solid start.

Have to admit I wasn’t that confident pre kick off. Lack of transfer activity seems to have lead to apathy and fear amongst the fans. So I am very happy after a very good performance, albeit against a poor WBA. 
we are a good side. Teams that have spent needed to in order to catch us up, we have to remember that and  also the transfer window is open until October.

• Like 2

On a day where  result was way more important than the performance of a patched up and undercooked team, we did well. A great result, and a lot of the last 60 minutes looked good. We will get better. Hopefully, we’ll soon have more selection options. Shout out for Castagne, obviously. Loved his composure, attacking intent and energy. But also thought Justin had a very good second half and that Mendy was impressive all day. We saw glimpses of rhe best and worst of Barnes. Suspect he’s just going to be one of those players. 

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

What I like is he actually had the ability to read the whole play. Read it and put himself in a position to score. He's going to be class for us.

Yep absolutely. I think our fanbase was really harsh on Chilwell, but one thing I will acknowledge is that his decision making and reading of the game was suspect. Take the goal out of the equation, Castagne put in several tasty crosses, plenty of FORWARD passes that made created space in behind the opposition defensive block. Like all of the Belgian players, you can see that their understanding of the game is just so good and his technical play was really sharp too. I think he will improve us because even if he's put on the left hand side, he will make a better contribution to us going forwards because he won't just pass it sideways, but will be able to pick the right pass at the right time for the rest of our team.

• Like 2

Haha, didn’t expect that. When playing positively as in the second half and a little of the first, we look quite a classy side. Get Ricardo and Evans back in and we still have quite a decent first team.

Good debut from Castagne, and Mendy deserves recognition for a very solid performance. I don’t think I saw him dispossessed once, and he can work in very tight space. Surely Harvey Barnes will one day score a hat full? Fantastic run for the first penalty.

Very encouraging, and perhaps will give them some confidence after a dreadful run.

Potentially a banana skin like Hull was after we won the title, but after a slow start, we upped our game and controlled it. Good for the confidence and with 2 or 3 more quality signing of the calibre of Castenge then we'll be a threat again this year. Like any game we play though, the first goal is vital for us.

25 minutes ago, kingfox said:

That second half performance was the best we’ve played in ages.

Castagne easily MOTM, perfect debut. Mendy did a solid job as DM. Vardy on course for the Golden Boot again.

If Barnes could finish, that would have been 6-0.

Second Premier League title incoming :scarf:

Nah, we've done that. Europa League is where its at. 

• Haha 1

Good win, was expecting a bore draw... 

WBA still a championship team though on that showing. Justin kept getting caught out with balls over his head but did a lot of other good things. Castange was outstanding, especially for a debut. 
Need to do more in around penalty which to be fair, we did in the end to get the pens. 
Special mention for N’Didi playing out of position and Mendy who filled in for him 

Yes it was a very poor West Brom, but at least we didn't roll over in the first ten minutes when we looked dire. 

I'll be very intrigued to see where Castagne is deployed when Ricky returns. I can't see anything other than LB. Justin would have seen us put to the sword early on today against a decent team and needs a quality Championship team on loan spell - even though it wasn't his natural right side. I must say, the thought of Ricardo, Evans, Söyüncü and Castagne across the back with Wilf or Mendy sat in front instills some optimism and confidence. 

I have total faith in Barnes. Vards is becoming the greatest City legend in our history, Tielemans and Madders together again are a mouth watering prospect. Also, Gray has, whatever people say, looked really on it recently. 

Still not convinced by Perez...sorry. 

• Like 3