Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

3 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Where the fook did that second half come from?  

This. Been waiting so long for it! 

Looked like 2019 lcfc. Love to see it.

We really do need to make an impression on games earlier though. Seems to be a characteristic of ours to start slowly and give the impetus to the opposition.

First 20 minutes....post lockdown Leicester, errors, sideways passing, no driving forward.

from then On........ pre lockdown Leicester, free flowing, crisp passing, more clinical.

only concern Is Barnes finishing, I’d hope to see more clinical. But his runs forward were excellent 

Better second half but passing wise still could be sharper with the final pick of a pass. A few times Vardy was ready for the pass but we chose to go wide instead. Last play was disappointing - not even getting a cross across goal.

Just need some more positivity.

Castagne had an excellent debut. An upgrade from Chilwell.  When Ricardo is better - we will be awesome.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

Confidence seems to be back.

First 20 mins was dire, we grew back in the game.  However against any quality team we could have been out of the game

Mendy was for once good.  Perez.was.poor.  Justin first half was.poor but got his back.  Barnes still is an enigma.

Loads of positives, a few more signings we should be ok

• Like 1

Feels really good albeit against very poor opposition (we lost to those teams last season). 

Midfield bossed it after a shaky opening 20 minutes and the defence rarely looked in trouble. 

Castagne with a class debut. Praet played brilliantly, Youri very tidy and that man Vardy doing what he does best. Forgot about Mendy too who grew into the game superbly 

Onwards and upwards 

Edited by foxfanazer

First 20 mins or so were poor, but we really started to click. I am positively optimistic. Fantastic debut from Castagne. Mendy was solid as a rock. Barnes is so close to excellence. I think after a few more matches and with a bit of confidence he'll be priceless for us.

We played really well in the 2nd half but let's not beat around the bush. We were lucky to play against a shocking team.

Its clear we need a few more players.

Barnes is so frustrating shows glimpses of real class a absolute menace going forward until he shoots. 

However I think we played some lovely football today and to say we was without ricardo and Evans that has to be appluded aswel.

Honestly can see Ricardo being the winger we are crying out for Castagne is our RB and Ricardo will be our RW.

Fantastic result well done 

Decent, actually played forward and some exciting stuff, in the 2nd half anyway.

Looked very vulnerable at the back in the first half but that comes with the territory of sitting back and not crossing the half way line creating your own problems.

Hopefully that pushes us on to how we should play more often or certainly make people realise how we can play by changing things up, onwards we go!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Timmy is quality. Seriously impressed.

2 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

Can honestly say, did not see that coming, glad I was wrong about the negativity 

Anyone else feeling a little more positive at the moment?   I did say it could go well today.

I'm off to be a smug git.

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

This. Been waiting so long for it! 

Looked like 2019 lcfc. Love to see it.

We really do need to make an impression on games earlier though. Seems to be a characteristic of ours to start slowly and give the impetus to the opposition.

Only because West Brom stopped pressing our back 4. Coincidentally because Mendy had a really tidy game and being able to help us effectively get the ball up. Better than Ndidi at that. And Castagne was excellent. What I have been saying for a while as a huge problem of last season (us not being able to get the ball up when pressed) now looks like there is a potential solution, but this involves Ndidi staying at CB ... and letting Mendy play that CM role instead (but will Rodgers let that continue when Evans is back).

Edited by Tom12345