Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

I don't know why people were worried about wilf as CB. He's a good tackling defensive midfielder with height and I've no doubt he's been practicing that position for a fortnight. The only problem would be missing him in midfield but Mendy covered him well. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CountrysideFox said:

Obviously happy with the win, but I think those penalties covered up a lack of attacking threat from the likes of Perez and Barnes.

But on the whole, a good show. N'Didi filled in well, and that was the most confident 90 minutes we have seen from Justin.

Plenty of threat from Barnes for me he just can't shoot.

Worth remembering that WBA were shambolic, but it was fine.  Praet was getting into good spaces all day -  no idea what game some posters were watching - and Castagne was excellent.  But this team still desperately needs a decent winger and another center back before we can even start thinking about another run at European places.

1 minute ago, CountrysideFox said:

Obviously happy with the win, but I think those penalties covered up a lack of attacking threat from the likes of Perez and Barnes.

Yeah I think everyone among the fanbase wants that Mahrez replacement. If we signed a top quality winger, then the first team (though not the squad) is honestly top 4 material.

Shame we couldn't get Trincao on loan, there was a video of his highlights on his Barcelona debut and he looked like exactly the sort of player we are missing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

4flw5At.gif

Great debut goal from Castagne. What I love is that he actually heads it into the empty corner, just to be sure. Top quality player from what seems to be a superb player.

What I like is he actually had the ability to read the whole play. Read it and put himself in a position to score. He's going to be class for us.

I wasn’t able to watch it all. I got past the initial enthusiasm, creeping worries, police killing protests being a black-plot to destabilise communities, ndidi looking shakey, suicidal gloom, better play ending with barnes. Then I went out. Two penalties but was the play better? Do we want Bren murdered or given a new contract?

• Thanks 1

Professional performance in the end, we will have stronger tests and there is a decent chance they will bottom but it's reassuring to see we are better than most even not at our best. 

Not outstanding by any means but we saw elements of our best play and obvious areas for improvement. Praet industrious as ever with added bonus of a good assist, Mendy decent enough, Castagne not as effective as Ricardo in general play but gets forward well and scored a good goal, Barnes/Perez inconsistent as ever. Vardy didn't do a lot but comes away with two penalties. Ndidi untroubled in this game but unsure long term. 

Hopefully begin to build confidence with a couple more additions. 

Job done, excellent start.