Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

West Brom 0-3 Leicester - Post-Match Thread

First half an hour was just as bad as it has been for the rest of the year.

Last hour we absolutely dominated, the team looked more organised than it has done in a while and funnily enough as soon as we started to commit bodies into the box we looked like a dangerous team again. Maybe that’s partly a confidence issue rather than a tactical one?

Castagne looked decent throughout and it was pleasing to see him get in the box in the way we see Ricardo doing. Mendy’s best game for a long time (if ever for us).

West Brom were horrendous, I’d be amazed if they stayed up. Almost no top level quality in that side at all.

Edited by ttfn

43 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Class from around the 30 minute mark.

Tielemans, Mendy superb.

Great debut for Timmy, Praet with a great assist. 

Vardy ice cold on the penalties!

JJ with a great assist assist, after an iffy first half. Hopefully just a bit more rusty than the others. 

A pleasing performances. 

• Like 1

Castange and Ricardo are clearly going to be the wide options for us going forward, so we should probably be quite pleased that both barnes and perez look better more centrally, because they're going to be asked to play inside forward instead of winger.

43 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

West Brom are in for a very long season. They were poor. But we could only beat what was in front of us and we looked good in the second half. 

Castagne looks a class signing

Mendy did very well throughout

Praet looked better in a more forward position

Barnes would be lethal if he could finish but he's a threat.

Vardy enjoyed himself. 

Justin looked assured after the break. 

Very pleased with that. 

Also Ndidi...calmed down After the First surge from WBA...

Our Bline is more & adäquaten covered,when all are fit...

Soyu ,started the season well...

Superb performance bar a below average 1st 20 minutes.

Completely bossed the rest of the game. 

Onwards and upwards, hopefully that will quieten some of the moaners down.

Of course we need a few more bodies in a number of areas of the park but we’ve got to be patient and hope that we get the right players in and not just players because fans are desperate for us to sign anybody.

• Like 1

Excellent win - took some time to get into the swing of things but once we did there was only one winner today. Hopefully that gives us the confidence boost we need to start the season strongly.

Castagne looked excellent - very, very excited to see him and Ricardo on the pitch together and how opposition teams try to handle both fullbacks providing genuine threat. Lots of intelligent play and seemed to link up well with everyone on that right side - not just his Belgian counterparts. Just hope that we don't needlessly jump on him as soon as he has a not-so-good game because of the high expectation.

Mendy had a solid game and showed that he's still a very capable squad player - which is exactly what we'll need this season. I'm still looking forward to Ndidi being back in the middle, but it doesn't feel as concerning knowing that we've got a reasonable deputy for him.

You could say they were 'just' penalties, but they were both well taken and there were a few other chances too for Vardy so that'll give him a lot of confidence going into the next few games. To already have a brace to build off the back of his golden boot win will hopefully do him (and the team) the world of good.

Good to see Maddison back too. Yes he was on against tired legs as the game was already closing out, but he seemed pretty sharp and raring to go.

Couple of additions to the squad over the next few weeks and I think we'll be in a pretty good position for this season. Fofana at CB could be a good backup and/or third option, and someone (on the wing, preferably) to add a bit more oomph to our attack. We've shown we've got the capability as it is, we just need to be able to add depth at the same level to be confident with such a packed calendar.

West Brom were poor, and I imagine they'll struggle quite a bit this season. 

The Baggies were shite, but we did look impressive after the first 25 minutes, especially considering the scrabbled-together team and poor pre-season.

Castagne looks a fantastic addition. Great to see Maddison back. Mendy was very good. 

Can't get carried away, but that result and performance is a massive lift.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Whilst we played well, lets not forget this was a piss poor WBA side who we struggled against for 25 minutes. Against a better side we'd be punished.

Oh come on! 

It can take any team in the world 20 mins or to get a handle on the game, let alone first game of the season against an opponent whose playing style we knew little in advance about

• Like 1

Doubter here

Well blimey, I did not see that coming. I was watching the first 30 mins thinking "yup, I was right, same old shit as last season...relegation battle here we come".. then we suddenly remembered how to play football!! Castagne was impressive, not just cause he scored but before that, his accurate, fast forward passing was a delight. 

Im not getting carried away, though we tore west brom up through the midfield in the second half, which was wonderful to see...ill allow myself a few hours of optimism before turning back into a negative nancy 😄

• Haha 1

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Oh come on! 

It can take any team in the world 20 mins or to get a handle on the game, let alone first game of the season against an opponent whose playing style we knew little in advance about

You're right, but I don't wish to get carried away. Once we hit our stride we were comfortable and in control.