Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d be considering Wilf and Mendy in the middle for Man City anyway - and wouldn’t be at all surprised to see one of Brendan’s famous batshit ideas of sticking someone like Praet on the right wing 

He popped up there quite often last night to be fair 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Keep the hate up. Brendan out eh? top of the league just not good enough. 

Errr failing to see where I think Rodgers should be sacked. You ought to take a look at my posting history if you think I’m someone who wants him out. You’ll see I actually think his tactics at the end of last season were not far away. 

However, he’s prone to throw out the odd tactical change as seen in the Villa semi finals, Liverpool at home and Bournemouth away 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Apart from the rash yellow, Mendy was very very tidy yesterday

Great to see and possibly his best performance in a City shirt?

I wouldn't call it a rash yellow... more a clever yellow. Burnley were on the counter attack and he stopped it. He was very disciplined after that, kudos to him for proving most of us wrong. We'll have to see how well he does against better teams. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rustynail said:

I wouldn't call it a rash yellow... more a clever yellow. Burnley were on the counter attack and he stopped it. He was very disciplined after that, kudos to him for proving most of us wrong. We'll have to see how well he does against better teams. 

Exactly, Wilf was caught up field, so it was the epitome of taking one for the team  :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Cameron Davidson said:

Did you go to Crystal Palace away as well? **** me I’ve had more enjoyable root canals..... 

Does Joe Root do Canal trips for the Palace now..??  I suppose with little cricket he needs a Side line...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rustynail said:

If you watch it back Mendy gave the ball away cheaply then ran back to try to win it back, taking the man not the ball

Not one for the team imo, just rash. And early on too

Other than that he was very solid as I said 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you watch it back Mendy gave the ball away cheaply then ran back to try to win it back, taking the man not the ball

Not one for the team imo, just rash. And early on too

Other than that he was very solid as I said 

To be brutally honest mate, I didnt even realise if Mendy gave it away at first, i'll have to take your word for it. Regardless of who's mistake it was, I believe it was a tactical yellow and worth doing. Gotta give the bloke credit for how he continued playing the game with the yellow looming over his head.

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think he switched him to get Maddison central. Didn’t go very well mind as that was the period at 3-2

A fair amount in the first half he was out there 

Doing it against West Brom away and Burnley at home is one thing but next game is massive for him I feel. Could be the difference between challenging Wilf or challenging Hamza for the rest of the season.

Would be a nice statement of intent to see him have a blinder. 

On 21/09/2020 at 20:08, Dahnsouff said:

Exactly, Wilf was caught up field, so it was the epitome of taking one for the team  :thumbup:

It was more when he ****ed up in the middle and Burnley should of made it 3-2 from Rodriguez. He’s done ok but he’s not got enough either defensively or attacking to justify even being close to wilf.