Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

There’s no doubt in my mind that a fully fit Ndidi walks straight into the team but Mendy certainly gives us something that Wilf doesn’t. 

Mendy has a better first touch and seems to use his low centre of gravity to hold the ball in tight situations. Losing Wilf for 3 months is a huge blow but perhaps not season defining as many thought, as long as Mendy keeps this up. 

• Like 1

I always believed in him but it is nice to be reminded that he was signed as a direct replacement to Kante. Today his performance was in that category. N’Didi will come back in as soon as he is fit but it might not be Mendy he replaces if Papy can keep this up. Rodgers is getting the best out of him. Let’s keep expectations realistic though...he’s going to make mistakes here and there - it’s inherent for the position he plays. 

He was on the fringes of the French squad when we signed him, and we should remember he played well under Puel, even if his partners didn't really complement him.

He is a totally different type of CDM to Wilf, which I think has tended to blind us to his obvious qualities. You can tell that our players trust him with the ball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

That's exactly what I was going to say - Looks a totally different player to me. 

More aggressive, more assertive and better passing range. 

Him and Youri dovetail beautifully 

Hopefully we remember this going forward. I think that worked yesterday far better than including wilf would have done. But then there's no way you don't have wilf in a 4141 setup. Options.

What a player he is turning in to in the Rodgers machine. I said signing him to a new deal could be the most important business we do in 2020 and you just hope he stays fit as he is integral. 

My MoTM with Tielemans yesterday, cannot separate them as they worked like mad men together. That perfect blend of remaining compact and then using their movement and footballing brain to play through Man City up to Vardy and Barnes. 

• Like 1