Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Posters forget We Need a well spread Quality squad...

Never understood any criticism of Mendy he has always delivered...any poor results were not Off bis back..!!

He has had his moments, but overall he's an extremely important player for us to have in the squad and I was delighted when he signed a new contract. 

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Excellent performance today.

Found it shocking that people were so upset that he got a new contract. He's not the most exciting player, granted, but that's not his job. You can probably count the number of bad games he's had for us on one hand, and that's after an accident with a bandsaw.

Retaining him means we have great backup for Ndidi, and saves us a fortune replacing him. Excellent business keeping him.

Ndidi Mendy Choudhury...will win us the EL cup....in the same team...:banana:

Edited by fuchsntf

I think it was a typical Mendy performance, sometimes that is enough to be decent and other times he looks poor. I think it depends on the opposition. He does a decent job in certain games, always available and when he doesnt get caught he is able to move things over nicely. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Nah, re-signing Mendy shows that we don't have any ambition though.

So we should have released him and spent money on someone else to sit on the bench for most league games? 

It's nothing to do with ambitions. There are just bigger issues that do need spending money on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

He's always making that little sideways or backwards run to make himself available for the next pass. Never scared of receiving the ball. I think he's quite important to the way Rodgers wants us to play

This! 

Nothing flash just has that ability to play a simple ball to someone wearing the same colour shirt, always offering himself as an option and helps us play at a tempo we want to play at. Not sure of his stats today but helps us keep the ball and that is a very under rated attribute. Even if a lot is mopping up going cross field or playing the ball backwards if necessary. More possession does not  win games  but denying the opposition reduces the time they have to score and by the end we had run them ragged and they were shot we won at a canter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

As @RumbleFox said, probably the tidiest player EVER :D

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Always been a tidy player :scarf:

54 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

a tidy player.

50 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's very tidy 

41 minutes ago, kingfox said:

a very solid tidy job.

Tidy :thumbup:

I think  his unusual physique for a PL footballer helps him excel at winning the ball back ,like Kante, perhaps not as fast, but more powerful. Bigger guys would foul more but he seems to bump players off the ball. He really was excellent. Also has the composure to distribute after. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John12345 said:

I think  his unusual physique for a PL footballer helps him excel at winning the ball back ,like Kante, perhaps not as fast, but more powerful. Bigger guys would foul more but he seems to bump players off the ball. He really was excellent. Also has the composure to distribute after. 

Why is his physique unusual John?