Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Mendy

6 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

#magboloodynificentmendy Showed us why we signed him to fill a Kante sized gap in the team.

I don't think he would've fitted very well in that Ranieri team as a Kante replacement  (unlike N'didi who would've been a shoe-in).

He seems tailor made to our current play-style though.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I hadn't seen an awful lot of Mendy prior to little bits last season and this season but have to say he looks a very decent footballer.

Have you been able to watch the full game back at all? Would be interested to get your take on Brendan's tactical set-up and if you ever saw anything like that from Celtic in your bigger European ties?

Think he always look capable but just never go the minutes for various reasons. Many on here judge players without seeing them really play. Rogers proven right again getting him to sign a new contract. Especially now wild is out and Preat went off . Didn’t miss wild yesterday. 

5 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Have you been able to watch the full game back at all? Would be interested to get your take on Brendan's tactical set-up and if you ever saw anything like that from Celtic in your bigger European ties?

Not yet lol! Have it recorded though so I'll be watching it tomorrow night!

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

He's been my favourite player so far this season. The way he turned and lost two players for our first goal was crazy. It showed such awareness.

Was great.  I do wonder whether because he generally does the simple thing and pass back in them situations that created that opportunity for him. Kind of shocked the two players that he could do that and in essence caught them off guard. To get the penalty off the back of that must have made him feel great. 

I'm honestly so pleased for him. Coming in to "replace" Kante must have been hard enough. Then getting immediately injured for 4 months and the club having to bring in Wilf, who would become a superstar in his own right, before being loaned out to his old club for a season.

Puel playing Papy and Wilf together never really worked because they were always in each other's way and did too much of the same thing, when Tielemans was what we really needed. Then last season he barely got a look-in with his contract running down.

But when he has been called upon, and especially his current form, he's been professional and pretty excellent in doing his job. It would be unfair to say he was 'Kantéesque' yesterday, as that's holding him to an impossible standard. But he really ****ing was.

Wilf has got some competition for his place. And what a brilliant problem to have.

47 minutes ago, MonmoreStef said:

Was great.  I do wonder whether because he generally does the simple thing and pass back in them situations that created that opportunity for him. Kind of shocked the two players that he could do that and in essence caught them off guard. To get the penalty off the back of that must have made him feel great. 

Actually I’ve been really impressed with how he has been looking to nip the short pass forward rather than back/ sideways.  I don’t think he has got the recognition for the momentum he has given our midfield and, of course, that turn yesterday was sublime.

Really pleased for him as it can not have been easy having to wait to establish himself which I am convinced he now will.

So great to see him turn and go forward because Hamza/Ndidi wouldn't have done that.

The easy option would have been just to knock it back.

Edited by Fox92