Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I think he could pull the strings at Real Madrid, Barca, Juve...he'd be the man at any top side. So good.

As long as he has ‘a shield’

Ndidi is the perfect team mate for Tielemans as is the the bloke he plays with at Belgium (plays for Dortmund..?)

Tielemans needs time and space and needs other midfielders to play the ‘dirty game’.

Given that, he’s sensational 

• Like 2

This is the Youri Tielemans we all got hyper excited about when we signed him.

Paste together his first 45 minutes against Man United and his second 45 today (and throw in the goal at Newcastle for good measure) and you have a world class midfielder second to none.

If he keeps up this form through to May, and gets the rest of the players dancing to his merry tune (as happened in the second half today), we will be genuine trophy-winning contenders. 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

We're gonna have a nightmare trying to hold on to this guy. I hope he recognises that we took a bit of a gamble on him when his stock was seemingly low

We have a real problem this summer with him, Soyuncu and Ricardo. Get top 4 or win the EL and it will be sound.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We have a real problem this summer with him, Soyuncu and Ricardo. Get top 4 or win the EL and it will be sound.

I think we might be alright with Soyuncu and Ricardo due to them being out for a while. Teams might wanna wait another year to see how they properly come back and if the problems are recurring. Hopefully anyway 

15 minutes ago, Goober said:

He ran the game at walking pace today. He's sensational. Belgian Toni Kroos

That's exactly the player he is most reminiscent of, and given that Kroos is 31, is why I think Real Madrid are a team that would have a heavy interest in Tielemans.

The one thing that probably works in our favour is that Madrid usually buy the finished article. They signed Kroos on a free from Bayern after he won the Champions League for example. So Tielemans needs to play a few seasons for us in that competition before he can go!

But as others have said, he would not look out of place in that team, or any team at all. Jamie Vardy is and probably always will be our greatest, but Tielemans might well be the type of player where you think "Did Youri Tielemans really play for Leicester!?" as he picks up a Balon D'Or, etc. Deep lying midfielders don't usually win it, but for me Tielemans can start to be discussed along the likes of Pirlo, Kroos, Xavi in terms of the way he plays. Just needs a few trophies to compete with that lout, hopefully starting with the treble for Leicester starting this season!

• Like 2

Just now, StanSP said:

And he's only 23.

I was surprised when they said that. Didn't realise he was only that young. He's played so much at the high level for such a young age (European games and Internationally). 

49 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I think we might be alright with Soyuncu and Ricardo due to them being out for a while. Teams might wanna wait another year to see how they properly come back and if the problems are recurring. Hopefully anyway 

Yes but the problem is they will have less than 2 years on their deals. We need them to sign new ones or potentially sell them.

If we manage to nail him down long term then it really is a statement of intent. Would be massive for any potential signings to show to them were taking the top 6 seriously not just off the pitch with the wonderful training ground but on the pitch also!

Get Tielemans signed up! The guy is the bees knees!

Fast on his way to being the 3rd best player to play for us in the modern era behind Vardy and Mahrez. Unbelievable and is fulfilling the ridiculous hype I bought in to about him when he first came through at Anderlecht and he was the poster boy of European youngsters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Fast on his way to being the 3rd best player to play for us in the modern era behind Vardy and Mahrez. Unbelievable and is fulfilling the ridiculous hype I bought in to about him when he first came through at Anderlecht and he was the poster boy of European youngsters.

Not a fan of kante Ric? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not a fan of kante Ric? 

He was phenomenal for one season but I don't now hold him in the same regard as Vardy and Mahrez and Tielemans for technique is very close to overtaking him in 3rd spot.

• Like 1

Tielemans in full flow is ****ing sensational. Incredible football IQ. Vision, passing and movement in abundance. That ball to Albrighton he has done so many times, he made almost an identical pass to Under away to Arsenal. 

17 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Should be our 2nd highest earner behind Vardy and captain next season.

As Vardy and Schmeichel are nearing the end of their contracts soon, Tielemans will become our highest earner when he signs a new deal. Might as well give him the captain armband as well. 

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not a fan of kante Ric? 

I honestly think the Premier League win was founded on Kante. He was the engine room that enabled Mahrez to play in the way he could. He also made Danny Drinkwater into a better player than he was

Vardy for me is Leicester’s best ever player. But I hold Kante in a higher regard than I do Mahrez in respect of our title win