Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

We saw the best and the worst of Youri today.

Far too many misplaced passes at times, then he comes up with a great strike, all thanks to a wonderful move that he played a big part in.

Wasn’t his best today, but the main thing is that he’s starting to contribute one way or another, something that was missing from his game numerous times last season.

Like all creative midfielders they are bound to "misplace" a pass more so than others as they try the trickier pass more so than others. People really need to understand this concept. He's a great asset for us and we're lucky to have him. 

• Like 4

He's been sensational this season both defensively and offensively. I think he's one of the best box to box midfielders around at the moment. Can put in a tackle, can pick a pass, can score great goals and can keep it when need be. There's nothing youri doesn't have in his game. 

18 minutes ago, shailen said:

He's been sensational this season both defensively and offensively. I think he's one of the best box to box midfielders around at the moment. Can put in a tackle, can pick a pass, can score great goals and can keep it when need be. There's nothing youri doesn't have in his game. 

I think he’s a wonderful player and agree with everything you say bar the last sentence. One thing Youri emphatically does not have in his game is pace.

5 hours ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

Perfectly timed tactical foul from him today. At the risk of this coming back to bite me we seem to be getting much better at this as a team which seems to be a big part of the modern game

...happening far too often...teams seem to enjoy when we get corners so they can break on us!!!

Our constant need to professionally stop the player breaking is totting up yellow cards which down the line will hurt us. It just shows our ability to recover and defensive positioning in that instance needs to be looked.

Danny Murphy purring about tielemans tonight on MOTD2. Usually it’s tough to get him to say anything positive but that goal was absolute, undeniable class from a top midfielder. He’s showing more glimpses of the world class player he will invariably become and it’s mental that he’s at Leicester. Enjoy it all, we’ll look back on this lad as some player for us I’m sure of it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

I think he’s a wonderful player and agree with everything you say bar the last sentence. One thing Youri emphatically does not have in his game is pace.

Yeah he's not the most mobile player but he makes up for it with his positional play. Usually in the right place at the right time. 

16 minutes ago, Crashtoasted said:

Danny Murphy purring about tielemans tonight on MOTD2. Usually it’s tough to get him to say anything positive but that goal was absolute, undeniable class from a top midfielder. He’s showing more glimpses of the world class player he will invariably become and it’s mental that he’s at Leicester. Enjoy it all, we’ll look back on this lad as some player for us I’m sure of it.

He'll probably be saying next that Youri, Harvey, Wilf, little Wes,Cags, Timmy, Madders, Justin and a few others, are all too good for little Leicester and need to move on. 

Spurs perhaps 😄😄😄

31 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

My dad was slating him no end today and they he went and scored a beauty. Made me laugh as much as I celebrated it. To be fair I think he had a point, he was poor today other than the goal, but his quality is undeniable. 

He really wasn't poor at all !! He is not a flash player who make runs & dribbles past other players. He is calm on the ball & has an 85% passing average.  He is the type of player who quietly runs the game. There are 19 other teams in the Premier who would love to have him !

• Like 4

Tielemans is unreal. His goal yesterday was absolutely first rate; every single part of it. He was completely in control and the placement was perfect. Whatsmore? It looked completely natural and effortless.

We are the absolute perfect set up for him; with Vardy/Barnes stretching from the front and creating pockets in which he and Maddison can thrive. Love it.

we did well to get him in on loan, and it seems he has some sensible people around him, who no doubt pointed out that coming back and showcasing himself in the prem in a decent side is only going to have an upward trajectory, whether that be getting a big club move in time or being in a progressive team that can complete with his personal ambition.

like Ric Flair said, pay the lad! make that decision to leave as hard as it can possibly be, and show him the love.

Edited by JJS84

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Youri looks much better with Ndidi in the side. 

Tielemans has been unbelievable all season, even with Mendy playing. Ndidi allows him to be less exposed defensively which can be a weakness of his when his athleticism gets brought in to question. 

• Like 1