Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, Houdini Logic said:

There's someone online creating them... there's one for the vardy corner flag smash, and there's a Bielsa one which is my personal fav

Yeah I saw a bunch on Instagram the other day, they're brilliant! Just had a go at one, fun to make

axl.jpg

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

People bang on about Mason Mount but Christ, if I were Southgate I know who I’d be picking on current form!

And it’s not Mason Mount!

The trouble is though that Southgate is becoming the latest in a long line of England managers who pick the team on reputation and not form.

Hodgson summed up it perfectly when he explained why he always picked Welbeck, because he always "performed" for him in an England shirt. 

Southgate is the same with Mount, no matter how poor his club form is, he sees him as an important part of the national side

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The trouble is though that Southgate is becoming the latest in a long line of England managers who pick the team on reputation and not form.

Hodgson summed up it perfectly when he explained why he always picked Welbeck, because he always "performed" for him in an England shirt. 

Southgate is the same with Mount, no matter how poor his club form is, he sees him as an important part of the national side

Mount was the best of their woeful midfield last night. Kept trying and running, even if nothing was happening. The other two were anonymous. 

That said, Madders was 100% more influential than Mount.

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Mount was the best of their woeful midfield last night. Kept trying and running, even if nothing was happening. The other two were anonymous. 

That said, Madders was 100% more influential than Mount.

Don't disagree, personally I think Mount is a great midfielder and I'd get him in my England side.

The problem England have is not selections like Mount or Maddison. It's more do you select Mount, Maddison and Foden as a midfield 3 and leave out Henderson?

Do you play Maddison, Foden or Grealish as part of your front and leave put Rashford or Sterling? 

Your staples of the England team, Rashford, Sterling, Henderson are the ones that get overlooked when talking about getting Grealish, Foden, Maddsion etc into the team. Not saying they shouldn't be selected, but there are ways to get Mount, Maddison, Grealish and Foden all into the team 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The problem England have is not selections like Mount or Maddison. It's more do you select Mount, Maddison and Foden as a midfield 3 and leave out Henderson?

They are not his types of midfielders so he won't consider it a problem. Southgate's type of midfielders are the likes of Rice, Mount, Winks and Henderson, and will happily line up with three of them, even going as far as putting Dier in midfield if they're not all available.

We have so much potential in alot of these players but we're not going to make use of it, they'll just carry on boring the nation unless a decision is made to go in another direction.

Had mentioned on this thread previously this season was huge for Maddison and happy to see he's back to his best, an absolute joy to watch recently. A really refreshing, articulate and level headed young guy when you hear him speak too which is at odds with my perception of him a couple of years ago, which was admittedly unfounded.

He's definitely playing further up the pitch and it's a joy to watch. A huge difference from the player that was ambling around and coming deep to take the ball from the defenders. He's definitely playing higher up the pitch which is allowing his class to come through and we're seeing him involved in lots of good play up top.

• Like 1

Also think he’s stopped chucking himself to the ground as much in and around the box, 6 month ago he’d of gone down for under goal today and probably tried to for his goal against Southampton last weekend. Purely concentrating on being creative he’s starting to shine 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Super play for the Ünder goal too!

Yes that was outstanding and I like that he stayed on his feet rather than go down easily. He wins a LOT of freekicks, but sometimes I feel like if he stayed up we'd score more goals in certain positions, and that was a great case in point!

• Like 1

Glenn Hoddle believes James Maddison will force his way into Gareth Southgate's England squad for this summer's European Championships if he keeps up his current run of form. 

The Leicester playmaker, who has so far only registered one cap for his country, scored against Chelsea in midweek and spoke impressively afterwards about adding goals to his game in order to break into the England squad. 

And ahead of the Foxes' trip to Brentford in the FA Cup fourth round on Sunday, former England boss Hoddle backed the 24-year-old to make the Euro 2020 squad and honed in on Maddison's 'good football intelligence.' 

When asked if he will get an England call-up, Hoddle replied: 'I think so.'

Speaking to BT Sport, he continued: 'He's been absolutely brilliant. I've always liked the lad. He's been very impressive in the last four of five games. What I like about him is he plays with his head up. He can play balls with both feet. 

'He gets in and around the box more now. He's got lovely, quick feet. He's becoming a goal scorer. I just think with England, he's 24 years of age, he's not a kid - now is his time. 

'He's got a good head on his shoulders. He's got really good football intelligence. It's going to be a real battle for who comes to the top of the pile to get that England shirt.'

A spot in the England squad is currently highly-coveted, particularly with the rich array of No 10s currently at the disposal of Gareth Southgate. 

In addition to Maddison, Manchester City star Phil Foden is also in a rich vein of form, while Mason Mount and Jack Grealish have also featured for the national team under Southgate in recent months. 

Maddison's sole cap came in a 7-0 win against Montenegro in November 2019, when he came on as a second-half substitute. 

This season, the playmaker has scored eight times in 23 appearances in all competitions as Leicester continue to be the surprise package at the top-of-the-table, currently just two points off leaders Manchester United.   

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9181601/Glenn-Hoddle-backs-James-Maddison-win-place-Englands-Euro-2020-squad.html

He's in the form of his life at the moment - a joy to watch.

His assist for Under's goal was great.  What was particularly pleasing was that a couple of months ago, he would have most likely gone down under the incoming challenges to try and win a free kick in a dangerous position.  Today he didn't, he stayed on his feet and got the assist.  Long may it continue.

Edited by nnfox

Listening to his interview following Chelski- I would t be surprised if he’s read somewhere (probably not here) or heard feedback about him hitting the deck easy and acted on that. Clearly wants to learn from feedback etc. Fair play to him though, I love seeing him further up the field and brings out the best in him which in turn makes other players better. I was happy for him to be rested a month or so ago with Praet taking his spot. Gladly he has proved me wrong and has added to his game. He seems more gritty, stays on feet more and his vision seems to have improved. Love the lad.