Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Clearly a qulaity player, when he's in the groove, makes us a better side.

I think people are forgetting his injuries and struggles to get match fit. 

Started slow due to last season injury and lack of pre-season, then had a good run of form 14 games where he scored 7 and assisted 5, then injured again missing 5 games.

I don't think people are forgetting this at all. Objectively, there's no question who's the better player of the two.

He's been holding us back since his return though, just like Ricardo doesn't justify a starting position currently.
We need to get the team right for the final and most likely Maddison will start - but I think it's a valid question whether he should start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shen said:

I don't think people are forgetting this at all. Objectively, there's no question who's the better player of the two.

He's been holding us back since his return though, just like Ricardo doesn't justify a starting position currently.
We need to get the team right for the final and most likely Maddison will start - but I think it's a valid question whether he should start.

I think you are right, its not just valid, its critical, its an FA Cup Final after all! However, having said that, despite him sauntering around a bit yesterday, he gives off that impression like he has all the time in the world, and he has the ball under control, and he still looks to see passes Perez does not.

Also suspect Maddison would raise his game for the FA Cup Final, so for the FA Cup Final I would start Maddison.

One more time, the FA Cup Final this weekend, we are in it and so will Maddison :scarf:

7 minutes ago, shen said:

I didn't mention anyone else, I was purely talking about Maddison and his form.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I'd argue there are at least two Perez and Praet. 

On paper yes, but what has happened to Praet? He has almost totally disappeared, now only visible as a cardboard cut out on the bench. Guess he is busy receiving therapy after the relentless hate campaign @Mark is intent on raging   :ph34r:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

On paper yes, but what has happened to Praet? He has almost totally disappeared, now only visible as a cardboard cut out on the bench. Guess he is busy receiving therapy after the relentless hate campaign @Mark is intent on raging   :ph34r:

Not sure he seems to have fallen out of favour again.

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

At one point Madders, Tielemans and Ndidi were one of the best midfield threes in the country. Just find it in you lads one more time on Saturday, that’s all we ask :D 

Maddison needs to find his form again, hopefully he can, I have given him stick recently but injuries haven’t been kind to be honest. Hope he can get back to his best

Phil Foden has  streaked ahead of him now and maybe Grealish as well. He is also years younger than both of them. I will say this about those two , whatever you think of them , they give plenty of effort in every match. The odd moment of magic from Jimmy can turn a match but he can be bloody annoying for large parts of it.

I can't recall seeing any lack of commitment from Maddison on the pitch.   As has been said on here, along with Tielemans and Ndid, he is part of an unbelievably high quality midfield.  Perhaps Foden and Grealish are better but that does not detract from Maddison being a brilliant player.  He makes some questionable judgements highlighted on social media;. However, he often presents himself very well.  This suggests he is well meaning but inconsistent and maybe callow.  

It is betwattling that this forum needs to scapegoat players .  Surely, we are supporters.   We are lucky to have this bloke playing for us.  For me, his ability demands he starts on Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

I can't recall seeing any lack of commitment from Maddison on the pitch.   As has been said on here, along with Tielemans and Ndid, he is part of an unbelievably high quality midfield.  Perhaps Foden and Grealish are better but that does not detract from Maddison being a brilliant player.  He makes some questionable judgements highlighted on social media;. However, he often presents himself very well.  This suggests he is well meaning but inconsistent and maybe callow.  

It is betwattling that this forum needs to scapegoat players .  Surely, we are supporters.   We are lucky to have this bloke playing for us.  For me, his ability demands he starts on Saturday.

I have no idea if this is a read word, and frankly I do not care, I shall be feeding it vociferously into polite conversation at every opportunity,  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I have theorised the possibility that he's asked to leave. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Where's that from? Interested to see that.

It was in an interview with Kane somewhere,  It was sometime after he returned to Spurs.

He said that he had learnt so much from Pearson with regards of how to behave as a pro that it was an eye opener. 

He said he decided to knuckle down work hard on his game and the rest is history as they say.

• Like 1

Noticed that ol’ Jimmy boy gets caught ball watching an awful lot. There was a point towards the end of the United match where he could have intercepted, but opted to leave it.

We talk a lot about players being physically exhausted, but Maddison must be mentally gone at this point. Also, I’m starting to worry whether he has the resilience to last an entire season.

• Haha 1