Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

This thread has been embarrassing lately with the tweet from that enderby bellend. I’ll admit Maddison hasn’t been good recently and the COVID breach was a massive mistake, but he’s getting the Chilwell treatment by some on here.  

You see people write shit like “he clearly wants out” based on absolutely nothing. Did you see him at the full-time whistle? Didn’t look like a guy that wants out. 

Edited by VinceNoir
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

This thread has been embarrassing lately with the tweet from that enderby bellend. I’ll admit Maddison hasn’t been good recently and the COVID breach was a massive mistake, but he’s getting the Chilwell treatment by some on here.  

You see people write shit like “he clearly wants out” based on absolutely nothing. Did you see him at the full-time whistle? Didn’t look like a guy that wants out. 

Pure jealousy i reckonnif those who take a pop

I love the lad to bits. I like imperfect personality. He's been garbage of late and he'll know that more than anyone.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Agreed 100%

Been catching up with this thread .  Posts since Saturday are probably the biggest bull I've seen on this thread.

Maddison is a brilliant player.  People who want to get rid of him are deluded and should consider becoming Hotspurs fans.  He is not as good as Mahrez, Kante, Vardy or N'didi but is vastly superior to Maguire (good player), Chilwell and Perez.    Personally, I would have been happy to see Maguire a d academy product England international Chilwell stay at Leicester.

If we want to continue to progress as a club, we need players like him.  he has been judged in recent posts on nothing as far as I can see.

If there have been bust-ups, I reckon Rodgers would come out on top and probably get the issue sorted 

If Maddison read this thread, he would surely take a dim view of supporters.   The scapegoating at times on this forum is simply stupid at times.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Don't care how out of form he is, he offers more than Perez ever will. Without him, everyone knows Tielemans is the only player to unlock a defence. 

My dead nan offers more than Perez. I cannot see what Brendan sees in him.

He was ok in his first load of games because he put a shift in. But clearly effort in those early games masked what he really is - dog do do

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, majaco said:

Been catching up with this thread .  Posts since Saturday are probably the biggest bull I've seen on this thread.

Maddison is a brilliant player.  People who want to get rid of him are deluded and should consider becoming Hotspurs fans.  He is not as good as Mahrez, Kante, Vardy or N'didi but is vastly superior to Maguire (good player), Chilwell and Perez.    Personally, I would have been happy to see Maguire a d academy product England international Chilwell stay at Leicester.

If we want to continue to progress as a club, we need players like him.  he has been judged in recent posts on nothing as far as I can see.

If there have been bust-ups, I reckon Rodgers would come out on top and probably get the issue sorted 

If Maddison read this thread, he would surely take a dim view of supporters.   The scapegoating at times on this forum is simply stupid at times.

Maddison is a very skilled player. When he's confident, he has a swagger and charm about him and he got injured at a very inopportune moment.

For me, the issue starts with him costing the team by breaking the club's guidelines at the worst possible time. We badly need(ed) him for the run-in, especially with the form and injuries in the rest of the squad. It doesn't help that he's spamming on Instagram, busy with self-promotion and showing off his luxury lifestyle - only to show some very poor form on the field in decisive games.

It smacks of poor judgement and of someone who's letting other things steal his focus. He talks a good game, but if you want to play in the Euros, in the Champions League and in an FA Cup final, you have to back that up with performances. And he hasn't when the team needed it.

I hope he's learnt his lesson, just for his own sake. He comes across as a good person, maybe slightly misguided, but I want him to show how good he can be with us and potentially earn a big move like he wants.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

My dead nan offers more than Perez. I cannot see what Brendan sees in him.

He was ok in his first load of games because he put a shift in. But clearly effort in those early games masked what he really is - dog do do

It's quite funny how you value your own football judgement much higher than that of Brendan Rodgers.  Perez does not play the same game as Madders but he brings a lot to this team when he plays as a ten.

• Like 1

He isn't match fit, yet.

He is 9th on the list for mins played for us this season, still behind JJ and just 32 mins more game time than Harvey Barnes, both who seem to have been out forever. When he is match fit he is huge for us but Ayoze did more defensive running which helped us, At least Madders looked sharp when he came on which bodes well for the last few games.

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So we've switched from hating Maddison, back to hating Perez then? Gotcha!

Perez is wank. 

That's more like it, I feel more comfortable with this one. Perez is a much more reliable scapegoat for me, he rarely disappoints when I see him play. I find it too difficult with Maddison because although I think he's been a very naughty boy, if it wasn't for his poorly hip, I still think he'd be a very good player for us. 

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It's quite funny how you value your own football judgement much higher than that of Brendan Rodgers.  Perez does not play the same game as Madders but he brings a lot to this team when he plays as a ten.

Don’t kid yourself mate. He barely brings anything to the team apart from work rate & his creativity stats show it! 
3 goals / 1 assist this season, 11 goals / 6 assists in total since he’s been with us! 
He’s simply just not good enough to be anything more than a squad player. 
Madders is on a completely different level to him 

Clearly a quality player, when he's in the groove, makes us a better side.

I think people are forgetting his injuries and struggles to get match fit. 

Started slow due to last season injury and lack of pre-season, then had a good run of form 14 games where he scored 7 and assisted 5, then injured again missing 5 games.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1