Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

If you look at how many new comments in this thread since the win, in my view says a lot. (I’m not knocking anyone personally) 

Some people don’t want to like him, and don’t want to be convinced that he loves our club (I genuinely believe this). The videos and how he has historically spoken about the club, tells me the passion he has.

Relationships don’t last forever of course, he will move on at some point, but I think he has made himself the “fall Guy” the next time something negative happens, and these videos will be overlooked. 

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
34 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

If you look at how many new comments in this thread since the win, in my view says a lot. (I’m not knocking anyone personally) 

Some people don’t want to like him, and don’t want to be convinced that he loves our club (I genuinely believe this). The videos and how he has historically spoken about the club, tells me the passion he has.

Relationships don’t last forever of course, he will move on at some point, but I think he has made himself the “fall Guy” the next time something negative happens, and these videos will be overlooked. 

I think he’s a bit of a rarity among modern footballers - he seems to genuinely have an interest in the club he plays for, and maintains that after he leaves.

20 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Lots of press articles today identifying Madders as our big name departure this Summer - to either Chelski or Citeh. Seems we are helping to build the backbone of these two sides. Spreading the love it called.

Chelsea? They have havertz, Werner, pulisic, mount, ziyech, CHO who all play in his position? Swear people just write things without actually doing leg work and just put it out there :dunno:

Edited by OhYesNdidi

4 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Chelsea? They have havertz, Werner, pulisic, mount, ziyech, CHO who all play in his position? Swear people just write things without actually doing leg work and just put it out there :dunno:

Let them write what they want, we've gone and won the bloody cup 

Guest bennytwohats
3 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

This has been football 'journalism' for years with the tabloids etc. It's all SEO optimised URLS and shoehorning anything relevant into an article to generate clicks

13 hours ago, StanSP said:

His reaction to Youri's goal. Don't anyone ever say he doesn't care about the club or lack passion for the club. He was feeling the joy as much as the fans in the ground. 

Love it. He went crazy! And rightly so :D

Yeah his reaction at multiple points yesterday significantly improved my opinion of his attitude. I was wrong. 

I’ve definitely been doubtful of him at times, particularly in the last few months, but the kind of raw unfiltered passion he showed last night has completely won me over. Not every player cares that much, we’ll be lucky to have him for however long he chooses to stay

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

His reaction to Youri's goal. Don't anyone ever say he doesn't care about the club or lack passion for the club. He was feeling the joy as much as the fans in the ground. 

Love it. He went crazy! And rightly so :D

He just needs a bit of time to grow up, mature as a professional athlete.

Fatherhood might help.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

5 hours ago, Bazly said:

Lots of press articles today identifying Madders as our big name departure this Summer - to either Chelski or Citeh. Seems we are helping to build the backbone of these two sides. Spreading the love it called.

and then beating them lol

I'm amazed anyone didn't already know how much this lad cares. 

His avid viewing in the stands this time last year, kicking every ball. The fascinating post match interviews. 

And, no doubt the lad's 'joie de vivre', that spilt over the edge into the ill thought out garden party. 

My only concern is, if we were to get rid, I think it might be that they feel the injury prognosis is chronic. There's no way we'll sell under any other circumstances. 

What's going on with him? He can't be injured so it must be laziness? He isn't pressing, nor tackling. He backs off players and to be honest if he isn't getting his heels clipped for free kicks, or taking free kicks then he doesn't seem happy. 

Somethings going on whether it's a potential transfer or a hierarchy bollocking or whatever it is. Any itk's I'd love to know what it is 👍

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

What's going on with him? He can't be injured so it must be laziness? He isn't pressing, nor tackling. He backs off players and to be honest if he isn't getting his heels clipped for free kicks, or taking free kicks then he doesn't seem happy. 

Somethings going on whether it's a potential transfer or a hierarchy bollocking or whatever it is. Any itk's I'd love to know what it is 👍

Dont forget how badly he let the club down earlier in the season with his Covid breach. I think that has affected him more than some might realise.

He clearly cares about the club and the fans and I think it's still on his mind to some extent.

Edited by chrisfox

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

He's missing Ben. Talking of players with problems, what's that snidey little ***** problem, we literally gave him a life and now he just hates on us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

He's missing Ben. Talking of players with problems, what's that snidey little ***** problem, we literally gave him a life and now he just hates on us. 

Haha I can only wonder 🤔 why he misses him!! For such a nice guy and he was to be fair, he's now flipped into a typical arrogant up himself chelsea peice of scum. Kante avoided that route but chillys obviously grown arrogant. Even maguire must've known he was getting more stick from us when he left but he's been a class act in terms of respect. 

• Like 2

On 12/05/2021 at 06:05, Albert said:

Don’t kid yourself mate. He barely brings anything to the team apart from work rate & his creativity stats show it! 
3 goals / 1 assist this season, 11 goals / 6 assists in total since he’s been with us! 
He’s simply just not good enough to be anything more than a squad player. 
Madders is on a completely different level to him 

Both been shit .