Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

12 hours ago, SHANE_ said:

Just this season he’s scored against Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool :rolleyes:

I think you mis-read my comment.  I didnt ask when he scored against the top teams....i asked when he played well?

Just because he scored doesn't necessarily mean he played well.....same as not scoring doesnt necessarily mean you played s***  (ie jamie vardy)

Whilst he is free to do what he wants outside, didn’t a similar thing happen with Lingard a couple of years ago.

started to believe his own hype, set up his brand and lost focus on the football.

Obviously JM not at that stage yet, but in light of his poor form and Covid protocol violation maybe it would’ve been better to delay the Brand linkup to a more favourable time.

10 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

I think you mis-read my comment.  I didnt ask when he scored against the top teams....i asked when he played well?

Just because he scored doesn't necessarily mean he played well.....same as not scoring doesnt necessarily mean you played s***  (ie jamie vardy)

Basing on Whoscored ratings 4 of his top 10 performances this season came against the 'big 6'.

Also 4 of his worst 10 performances came against the 'big 6'.

Based on that you can say he performs pretty consistently against the big 6 in comparison to other teams.

So I definitely wouldn't consider him a "flat-track bully".

1 hour ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Do remember him being great against Spurs. Can't really remember how he did in other games.

He doesn’t fit the Leicester profile anymore. Belongs in a room locked with Dele Ali. Just seems happy to through his career away. Cant take corners/hips gone/crap attitude etc! Please sell and get Todd Cantwell. Appears to have the same ability with a much better down to earth character 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Haha 1

For what it's worth, if we get a proper right winger and Soumaré next season, we will be able to bench him a lot more to instead play a 4-3-3, and I think this would both give him the required recovery periods he needs as he is clearly injury-prone, and it will provide him with the motivation to perform when he does get on the pitch.

Maddison needs to stay injury free and regain his confidence or he'll never get the big move he wants like his smarmy bro Chilwell!  Two years ago us fans would have said he was destined for a Man utd et al, but if he keeps on this pathway he'll end up at a basket case like Spurs.:ill:

None of us know what is happening with JM

its clear he hasn’t been able to regain his fitness and that he cannot take set pieces anymore. Will he ever regain his fitness ???? More ops .... no guarantees that they would be effective.

maybe he worries that his current contract could be his last one and he needs to make hay financially whilst he’s still relevant ....

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Boohooman is pretty sick tbf. I get a lot of you don't like the clothes but the fashion itself isn't the problem here. The problem is more that it's rather insensitive to do this after a crucial loss like that.

For all we know this could have been photographed before Tuesday :dunno:. As others have said, he probably has a team doing his social media and they've posted it for him now. 

I think people are getting far too upset over the timing of it all. 

Vardy's waking up with McDonald's breakfast and has been totally anonymous for most games recently. Yet he seems to be getting off scot-free (I'm not saying pile on him, I'd rather people don't pile on Maddison just because they don't like someone enjoying their life). 

4 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

He doesn’t fit the Leicester profile anymore. Belongs in a room locked with Dele Ali. Just seems happy to through his career away. Cant take corners/hips gone/crap attitude etc! Please sell and get Todd Cantwell. Appears to have the same ability with a much better down to earth character 

Throw his career away? How is he doing that? 

• Like 4

Been thinking about the Chelsea game. He was playing wide left, which we know isn’t he’s game.

if we were doing that it should’ve been Ricky p.

a fully fit Maddison on his game is one of the best players in the league. At the minute there is non consistency with him so he won’t be one of the top players in the league.

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Boohooman is pretty sick tbf. I get a lot of you don't like the clothes but the fashion itself isn't the problem here. The problem is more that it's rather insensitive to do this after a crucial loss like that.

Boohoo garments made by Indian immigrant workers around the garment factories areas in the East side of Leicester who are get paid £3 to £4 a hour, mass produced low quality that's why they are inexpensive

I have always had a problem with his skinny frame. The impacts over the years appear to be catching up with him. He doesn't look the type to build himself up so the injuries might stack up. He has great skill and a sharp brain but even in his mid-twenties could be slowing down. Rodgers should try to find him a personal trainer and dietician to see if we can help him with this . He will need real discipline though to get over this but he needs to understand his career is at stake.

Edited by An Sionnach
  • Like 1

No issue with him advertising stuff, that's the way of the world. The covid breach and look of dejection he has on the pitch right now are of much higher concern.

He clearly isn't over the injury, even if it's just a mental block that he hasn't overcome yet.

Watching him in the warm ups at Wembley, he was striking the ball with such a strange, unnatural technique. Not sure if anyone else picked up on that.

Hopefully he is 100% come next season. Whilst his weaknesses mean that i don't think he's anywhere near good enough generally to be a consistent top 4 performer, clearly he's the best option we have in that position.

Edit - didn't realise about the Boohoo/sweatshops in Leicester thing. Not a good look.

Edited by martyn

10 hours ago, matty98 said:

Not really sure what the big deal is? It's just a brand deal? 

Players are allowed to have lives outside of football lol

A brand that has sweatshops in the city he represents. Its a shite look.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 3

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

He’s a grade A twat and that has become more and more apparent in the time that he’s been here. When you are on £5 million+ a year do you really need to partner with a company that exploits migrants in our city?!?

People can say what they want but you don’t see players like De Bruyne and Tielemans doing that? If he hadn’t made it as a footballer, he’s the type of willy puller who’d still be a holiday rep in his 40s talking about how he could have made it as a professional player, in an attempt to pull girls young enough to be his daughter. 

Nah he’d be living off the fact he played with Grealish and co at youth level and be one of those weird ‘hangers on’ that wants to be a pro but isn’t a pro. 

Playing in the National League but referencing the stars in his Instagram posts every other day.

• Like 1