Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

My stance still hasn’t changed.

If there’s an interested buyer let him go.

For one reason or another we’re not going to get mega money for him, we’re not going to be able to demand the money and have the big clubs pants down on this one like we have a track record of but think we need to part ways for both parties sakes.

Everything looked rosy cup final day, I think differences and attitudes had been put aside, last night he looked like he could be arsed and I just feel it’s not a happy camp regarding him.

Anybody saying let him go - Look at his goals and assists.  Where are we going to replace them? How much would a player cost now to replace his creativity?

Once again he was a victim of the formation.  Play 4231 and he is the key to winning games where he can drift.  He is not going to be able to much when the defence and dm's spent most of the game losing posession or lamping it forward.

Think we can't afford to sell him. Even when he's doggo (like yesterday), he still is capable of creating a goal with one good pass (or scoring one). Offload him, and we only have Youri as far as technical, creative midfielders are concerned. He needs to sort himself out and get his form back, hopefully it will happen in the pre-season.

One concern I'm having he's a bit too nice and relies on referee's leniency too much. 

I'd like us to keep him for another year (at least, since we dont have a replacement ready) and sign a Neal Lennon type of midfielder (a leader and a proper **** if you will) who wouldnt be afraid of putting a foot in, do a bit of dirty work if needed and be capable of leading the team when they are shite, lifting them up. Sadly none of our midfielders is capable of doing that. I appreciate them all (even if they are misbehaving off the pitch or have a drop of form like Maddison) but sometimes they are just too fuching nice

48 minutes ago, LVocey said:

Needs a summer off and a good pre-season. He's behind Mount, Grealish, Foden etc because I don't think hes found exactly what kind of player he is yet, still lot's of work to do but he has so much ability. Easy to get annoyed with players like him, but Maddison in full flow is a completely different player to anything else we have.

He’s been on the beach with his beatbox for weeks, needs to man up and start showing why we paid what we did for him.

I think he has the tools. But he has not developed, and is simply not influential enough. Certainly not in big or dog-fight games. So the question is why has he regressed? Fitness could be one, as he does accrue regular injuries that pause his game time. Or is it in his head? I don't think for all the PR chatter, he shows enough drive or determination. He just looks a bit flaky. Rogers should know by now whether he can be molded and developed. For me, it's hanging in the balance as to whether he kicks on to become the real Big Boy he wants to be.

I think he's being judged on his lukewarm spells following injury, in his pomp like away to Man City he held his own against the highest of levels (insert innuendo). Still not sure if he can be at his most effective behind a front two as he finds Nacho occupying some of the spaces he'd usually drive into but the day we jettison his like as not good enough then we really are at a high level.

I could see him fit at Chelsea in terms of profile with Mount, Chilwell, James etc but as others have said with his hip problem and without a run of form he's not going to be as attractive to clubs at the moment even though they'll see him as a long term investment.

He'll be down that he's missing out on England, he must have felt very close earlier in the season, it's time to support him through this frustrating patch and hammer home that the grass isn't greener elsewhere.

And this is exactly what ****s me off and why I don't support a top 6 club. 

Offers up a Sunday league performance and 24 hours later advertising pyjamas on his insta. 

And I work in a very similar industry and in marketing. Let me tell you something......it's 100000% his choice if it was posted today or not. The company brokering the Collab between him and the Pyjama brand would have had an idea on when they want it to be posted to gain max exposure. This guy is literally profiting off a shit performance. 

Give me Muzzy any day of the week. 

• Like 1

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

Ffs who else are we gonna get to score the all Important 8th goal in our 9-0 wins? Have some respect 

Yes you're right. And come to think of it.....who's going to do interviews calling out pundits after one half decent game?