Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Guest ttfn

As far as I’m concerned he can do what he likes in his spare time.

But a wealthy footballer endorsing a brand that has been exploiting vulnerable workers in the city he’s paid to represent is a pretty dreadful look.

We are not going to sell him that's for sure , he is devalued at the moment , so we need to use him. He may well find himself on the bench a lot next season especially If Soumaré and KDH are available. What I would like to see is , every time we are losing , we don't get people on here screaming for him as if he is some form of magic bullet. He is not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Boohoo garments made by Indian immigrant workers around the garment factories areas in the East side of Leicester who are get paid £3 to £4 a hour, mass produced low quality that's why they are inexpensive

Had no idea, how's that even legal in the UK

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ttfn said:

As far as I’m concerned he can do what he likes in his spare time.

But a wealthy footballer endorsing a brand that has been exploiting vulnerable workers in the city he’s paid to represent is a pretty dreadful look.

Would normally agree, footballers have lives and they should (rightly) be able to do whatever they want in their spare time. 
but when I saw his Instagram post, I just thought oh **** off mate. 
Been injured, covid partying and putting in worse than shite performances with us then has the cheek to post a fvcking collaboration with BooHoo men. No wonder he’d been so crap for us lately he’s been too busy deciding what floral pattern shirts go with his mustard ankle-length chinos. 
Just leaves a slightly bitter taste. Always been a big fan of JM but put it this way I Wouldn’t be very disappointed at all if he left this summer for a decent fee. 

10 hours ago, matty98 said:

Basing on Whoscored ratings 4 of his top 10 performances this season came against the 'big 6'.

Also 4 of his worst 10 performances came against the 'big 6'.

Based on that you can say he performs pretty consistently against the big 6 in comparison to other teams.

So I definitely wouldn't consider him a "flat-track bully".

Consistently.....or inconsistently?

As i said in my original post, i wasn't sure if it was just my bias against him that was clouding my view of his performances.

Maybe we should just start paying him for games where he plays well?  Might save ourselves a lot of money...  

• Like 1

Had no idea about that Boohoo thing in Leicester either :thumbdown:

Not a fan of Maddison doing that while being a Leicester player knowing the links with the community. If he wants to advertise and promote stuff outside of football then so be it, but that does sour it somewhat. 

31 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Would normally agree, footballers have lives and they should (rightly) be able to do whatever they want in their spare time. 
but when I saw his Instagram post, I just thought oh **** off mate. 
Been injured, covid partying and putting in worse than shite performances with us then has the cheek to post a fvcking collaboration with BooHoo men. No wonder he’d been so crap for us lately he’s been too busy deciding what floral pattern shirts go with his mustard ankle-length chinos. 
Just leaves a slightly bitter taste. Always been a big fan of JM but put it this way I Wouldn’t be very disappointed at all if he left this summer for a decent fee. 

The issue is he can't do what he wants in his spare time....he can't have parties because it impacts the team due to covid etc.

I think back to players like Paul Scholes who didn't even have agents. Or Harry Kane who you know nothing about in his spare time other than he loves football and is a family man.

This kids priorities are all over the place.

Nobody is going to sign this guy....he wouldn't improve the midfield of any of the top 15 clubs in this country. Can you see him playing for Leeds? At that pace and intensity? He's about a wolves level....maybe Brighton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eskay said:

The issue is he can't do what he wants in his spare time....he can't have parties because it impacts the team due to covid etc.

I think back to players like Paul Scholes who didn't even have agents. Or Harry Kane who you know nothing about in his spare time other than he loves football and is a family man.

This kids priorities are all over the place.

Nobody is going to sign this guy....he wouldn't improve the midfield of any of the top 15 clubs in this country. Can you see him playing for Leeds? At that pace and intensity? He's about a wolves level....maybe Brighton.

lolchrist. Wolves are 12th in the league mate 

Edited by SHANE_
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I have always had a problem with his skinny frame. The impacts over the years appear to be catching up with him. He doesn't look the type to build himself up so the injuries might stack up. He has great skill and a sharp brain but even in his mid-twenties could be slowing down. Rodgers should try to find him a personal trainer and dietician to see if we can help him with this . He will need real discipline though to get over this but he needs to understand his career is at stake.

I'm not interested in whether or not Maddison's a twat - I don't believe any of us can get inside his head and justify his twatness or lack of same. 

To me the problem is like An Sionnach said. If his main move is to wrong-foot opponents and get a free-kick then he is going to get an awful lot of big nasty defenders falling over him and 'accidentally' kicking his head or his feet or his bollocks. I could be wrong, but I don't see him having an injury-free season from now on. 

It is a shame, I was thinking back to his u-tube reel with Norwich - that was 12 minutes of pure skill and decisiveness. I wanted him here so much. I really hope Brendan and the fitness team manage to keep him running. Besides which, Tielemans corners against Chelsea made Maddison look like a skilled professional footballer, might just as well have him back there on corners. At least he wouldn't get injured, unless he slips on the ball and breaks his leg.

Think some of the comments aimed at him here are a bit OTT. He can do whatever he likes outside of football as long as he’s delivering when he’s playing.

Speaking purely of his Football in my opinion i’d sell. His value will never be higher than it is now and I believe he’s reached his peak in terms of hype and ability. Unless he’s playing through pain, he’s become too slow and wasteful. He’d suit the game in Italy much more than England. 

I’d rather see Perez go first though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Had no idea about that Boohoo thing in Leicester either :thumbdown:

Not a fan of Maddison doing that while being a Leicester player knowing the links with the community. If he wants to advertise and promote stuff outside of football then so be it, but that does sour it somewhat. 

...if you were unaware of what was going on then, so would he!!!

Very much an issue he could now raise to shine a light on the problem and no one could argue about his right to do so. 

Just reading that article, it seems like the people investigating the company's practices are taking a lot of things on at face value and not going deep enough to hold them to account. 

How can you say that no criminal act has been committed when staff are being paid less than the minimum wage.You just get the impression that these departments responsible for investigating such things are not fit for purpose. 

The little boy has become a parody of himself now. 

Get rid get rid get rid. An embarrassment upon our club and our principles. Nigel Pearson would have buried him 6 foot under the training ground with a headbutt from hell if he was still gaffer. 

• Like 2

Apparently his advisor is his little dog! 

- plays shite 

- lockdown party

- no apology 

- continue to play shit

- don't turn up for the biggest league game of the season

- 'drops' some of the shitest gear you've ever seen 5 mins after we drop out of the top 5 for the first time all season

Not the best few months.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sdb said:

Apparently his advisor is his little dog! 

- plays shite 

- lockdown party

- no apology 

- continue to play shit

- don't turn up for the biggest league game of the season

- 'drops' some of the shitest gear you've ever seen 5 mins after we drop out of the top 5 for the first time all season

Not the best few months.

Prances around in Derby shirts and doesn't stop mentioning his love for Coventry... get him out my club now !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

The little boy has become a parody of himself now. 

Get rid get rid get rid. An embarrassment upon our club and our principles. Nigel Pearson would have buried him 6 foot under the training ground with a headbutt from hell if he was still gaffer. 

Headbutt from hell lol 

• Haha 1

I see that Maddison has been getting a lot of criticism lately. I used to be a regular critic, but since he stopped being the sole designated corner and freekick taker and since Rodgers has started to drop him to the bench or substitute him out early, I have no issue with him anymore. I only had an issue when fans and the coach treated him like Messi and non-droppable and when he didn’t let anyone else take any corner or freekick.  I saw how happy he was when Tielemans scored the winner in the FA Cup Finals. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, with his apparent love of the club (hope I am right), I think we should give him some slack. I think he clearly has limitations but if Rodgers employs him in the right role in the right system, he can still be valuable to us. Just not the superstar some expect him to

be (hope I am proven wrong).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

It's hardly worth getting worked up over. 

He's not in charge of marketing is he? I'm sure he'd rather have released it on Monday in the light of the FA Cup win. Doesn't make his clothes any less shite, but it's not up to him when to do a press release.

People seriously overestimate how much time/effort footballers put into their social media accounts.

• Like 2

Anybody actually know why he's been utterly useless since he came back from that spell out??

When we needed him to turn up for us to push us into the top 4, he failed, he rode the coat tails of the 1st 11 for the Cup Final win, then spent 20 mins not giving us anything going forward or even holding the ball and then covering going back.

He seriously needs to put an elongated shift in for 30-50 games of a really decent level, to get the fans back onside AND make a real difference in some big and important games and keep his head down of the pitch as many dedicated pro's do.

• Like 1