Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cruzFOX

THE FOXES - a sports documentary?

Thousands of apologies if this has been discussed already but I couldn't find a thread. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks about these football documantaries ie are they good for the club or a distraction? There's been a fair few now from Barca, juve, Man City, Leeds, Spurs etc. For me its fascinating to see what happens behind the scenes and all the stuff the media never reports on. I know that might be boring for others. I feel like the FOXES story has not been properly told whether its in a movie format or documantary. Studios like Netflix and Amazon are in all kinds of negotiations with clubs now. It's taking a chance on the subject having 1 amazing season win or lose to get high ratings.  I mean just imagine if the club had signed up with Netflix at the beginning of the great escape season and finished off with the champions league quarter final? The amount of movie drama material is bountiful. Sadly we were just a little head of our time.

Seems like a distraction for most. Has there been one where they catch a good season with a genuinely good football story attached? The reason why these have been good is because you can pretty easily isolate the issues that lead to the team missing their pre season goals...

• Like 1

Just please no. Upside would be yes the great escape then champions then quarter finals of the champions league. Downside could have been last season and how we fell away after the restart. Players will watch these and im sure if ours last season was filmed it would have a negative effect.

For me let others do it whilst we go quietly about our business.

Edited by Thefox81
  • Like 4

Dont think I'd want it if it took interest off the pitch.

As mentioned loads, the Sunderland and Man City ones are good as most of the charm is one being the fall of a bigish club and one  being one of the best club sides in the premier league era. Anything in between is a bit stale except for fans of that club.

If Jose didnt come into the Spurs documentary it would have been boring as fvck.

Telling the story of our last few seasons, sure. I would love a proper behind the scenes look at 2008 onwards.

I don't want a fly on the wall documentary going on during a season. I also don't think it is something Top and the board would want. They generally don't covet the limelight.

An historical look at the title season will be a great documentary to watch in a few years, interviews with all the relevant parties etc

I've said before but I don't enjoy the football ones, watched all the Man City one and didn't find it particularly interesting and I think I'm at the stage where I can't stand footballers lol, apart from the odd exception

Find other sports documentaries good though, the Aussie cricket team one was a good watch for example. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KFS said:

Seems like a distraction for most. Has there been one where they catch a good season with a genuinely good football story attached? The reason why these have been good is because you can pretty easily isolate the issues that lead to the team missing their pre season goals...

Man City broke records the year they did theirs. 

37 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Brendans done this before at Liverpool, don't think he'll be in any rush to repeat it. 

He might if it meant getting some more cash towards a left footed right side attacking player who could dribble with his head up and press like a madman with the finishing skill of Luis Suarez at 25. :ph34r:

I should have mentioned the individual docs about the players are sometimes good too. Maradona, George Best on ESPN and found the Stevie G one good just because I didn't know any of his back story as a kid. Ah well I'm sure the studios will continue to churn them out as football globally is such a big draw.

On 15/09/2020 at 16:01, KFS said:

The Sunderland one was incredible, highlighted how much of a basket case some owners are and how much damage they can do to a club

• Like 1

We’re definitely the perfect club for it, there’s always some sort of drama or narrative going on here. And I’m sure Brendan would relish it too.

But not sure the club would embrace it, we’ve established this summer how much they like to keep things close to their chest and behind the scenes.

On 15/09/2020 at 16:01, KFS said:

In fairness Sunderland were in two finals and were not far at all off what would have been a fantastic season for them

Just now, BWRL said:

In fairness Sunderland were in two finals and were not far at all off what would have been a fantastic season for them

Wasn’t it their lowest position in their history...until last year of course?

It can be interesting but only at its most detrimental to the club/people involved. Take the Sunderland season two episode about transfer deadline day. The CEO could never carry on after that debacle was caught on camera. Was quite funny though.