Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Man City A Pre Match Thread

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I'm just have been amazed how Liverpool and Man City have managed to rip the premier league to pieces in the last couple of seasons it takes a special team to be able to do that and I'm not sure I've witnessed that before. No doubt Bayern are on that list of the very elite currently. In fact I think personally it is a list of 3 (the three mentioned for clarity).

Oh god yeah don’t get me wrong Man City and Liverpool have completely dominated the league the last 2 seasons and the standard of football they’ve both played has been a joy to watch, despite how much it pains me to admit. 

• Like 2

Rodgers in games against Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or Manchester United (last season's top 4):

Lost 4-0 to Liverpool (H)

Lost 2-1 to Liverpool (A)
Lost 1-0 to Manchester City (H)
Lost 3-1 to Manchester City (A)

Lost 1-0 to Manchester City (A)

Lost 2-0 to Manchester United (H) - had CL qualification on the line

Lost 1-0 to Manchester United (A)

Drew 2-2 with Chelsea (H)

Drew 1-1 with Chelsea (A)

Drew 0-0 with Chelsea (H)

In semi-finals:

Lost 3-2 on aggregate to Aston Villa

In 'must-win' games in the run-in:

Lost 3-0 to Tottenham Hotspur (A)

Lost 4-1 to AFC Bournemouth (A)

Rodgers' worst fault is that he is somehow even worse than Guardiola at 'big' games. He will overthink it, but we will still end up pinned back in our own half trying to pass it out to no one, with Praet and Tielemans constantly looking for a forward ball that doesn't exist.

I hope I'm tempting fate by saying that I expect them to beat us comfortably.

• Sad 2

Actually very positive for this one. Great start as I knew we would . But think we can nick this 0-1 or 1-2 . Hopefully Evans back mendy playing Ndidi roll. Barnes having a stormer. And vardy running them on the counter. But will take a draw if I have too . C’om onnnnn. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Probably won't get a better chance of a result here in a long long time given their injury problems.

Our injury Problem vs their injury problems.....

Their fringe,young squad  players are equal to or  better than most Teams below Top 4...and One of them are themselves...!!

Pep is having us on...!!

20 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Rodgers in games against Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea or Manchester United (last season's top 4):

Lost 4-0 to Liverpool (H)

Lost 2-1 to Liverpool (A)
Lost 1-0 to Manchester City (H)
Lost 3-1 to Manchester City (A)

Lost 1-0 to Manchester City (A)

Lost 2-0 to Manchester United (H) - had CL qualification on the line

Lost 1-0 to Manchester United (A)

Drew 2-2 with Chelsea (H)

Drew 1-1 with Chelsea (A)

Drew 0-0 with Chelsea (H)

Not to win one of those, especially against Man Utd or Chelsea who aren't all that, is a joke. Damning on Rodgers' 'Tactics Tim' approach to those games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Not to win one of those, especially against Man Utd or Chelsea who aren't all that, is a joke. Damning on Rodgers' 'Tactics Tim' approach to those games.

Cheers and here was me being optimistic with £1.50 on a 2-1 win with Praet 1st goalscorer at 325/1. Didnt realise he had such a bad record 😭

Edited by Thefox81

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Be interesting to see if Brendan learns from the last 2 games we played against them.

He might of learnt...but M.City & L'pool are Teams where players think the whole game,with a mix of Top decision makers who can change tact & tactics,

2-3 times during the game....Funny is in Europe these players become stagnant..