Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Castagne as has already been mentioned. Cambiasso and Kante also deserve a mention and maybe even Maguire who started really well. Fuchs was good from the get go too.

But Castagne is already so good that people don't even talk about him, aka the Ricardo effect. You just know at the end of the game he will have played 8/10 and been one of our best players. It doesn't even need to be said! Maybe one of Everton's signing will get the "best transfer of the season" award but Castagne will be right up there no doubt.

Wesley Fofana looks brilliant though! He plays more like a 28 year old in the peak of their careers than a 19 year old. Even comparing him to Soyuncu, he seems less rash and more composed... I hate to say it but I think Claude Puel did a great job with him getting him to remain calm yet still technical enough to play at the highest level. With his haircut and fashion sense there was a bit of a worry he'd be another flash over substance player a bit like Paul Pogba, but I think the combination of Claude Puel and moving to Leicester curing the Coronavirus pandemic will make him suitably boring enough to get right to the top of the game! I'm definitely a big fan already!

Only Kanté of those above mentioned have I been more impressed with than Forfana.

Cambiasso and Maguire, nothing out of what I expected really. We shipped 4 on Maguires debut and I never thought anything more than, he’s decent, he’s a unit, he’s ok on the ball.

Fuchs and Okazaki both decent but again more on their performance rather than the ceiling of their potential.

Its early days but Forfana it’s stronger for me. This guy, has the potential to go right to the very very top. As said, only Kanté have I been that level of stunned.

Kante when I saw him come on vs Villa in the 3-2 comeback win straight away I thought ‘wow’ this guy is incredible. Inler was so bad and we were struggling, he made it all tick, I looked on with pure shock instantly with Kante.

The Norwich away game 2 games later was the game where I said ‘This guy is special, he’s not normal’. From then on I knew he would become world elite, so rare to be so sure on someone as I was with Kante, although I have to say Forfana is the 2nd time. Exciting times!

A back 4 of

Ricardo Forfana Soyuncu Castange is an unbelievably exciting prospect! We’ll see how he copes vs arsenal on Sunday! That will be an exciting test for him but at 19 he’s only going to get better!

12 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Not as obvious in his first couple of games though? He took a few to really settle though when he did, well.. 

Just my opinion. 

Really? I remember being in shock watching him when he came in against west ham.  Couldn’t quite believe he played for us 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Really? I remember being in shock watching him when he came in against west ham.  Couldn’t quite believe he played for us 

I'm not always right but we played Kante on the left at Bury and after 15 minutes I turned to my lad and said he's a world class player and we needed to move him into the middle. 

An uncanny bit of foresight and totally out of character - For instance I thought Kane was a complete and utter carp.  

This lad is clearly a naturally gifted player - absolute mustard  

He’s been great so far. I suppose the question is, based on the initial impression, who’s your back 2 when everyone is fit? 

A few players that standout for me from early impressions, are Kante, Tunchev, Smith and Lakzcō. 

I think it was the Sunderland game where Kante came on and I said to my dad, he looks great, he’ll go on and play for a bigger club. You could tell early he was very, very good. 

Tunchev at the time of joining, great early games against MK Dons, Stockport and Cheltenham. It’s a shame he got injured against Palace, as he always looked like he could take that step up to the next level. When you think he only played around 30 games or whatever it was for us, he was great. 

Ryan Smith when we signed him on loan from Arsenal looked everything we see in Barnes today. Quick, direct and hungry to get forwards. Ultimately a dud though.

Similar with Lakzcō. Great and skillful initially but fairly ineffective as time went on.  

It's hard to believe that Fofana is just 19; he's so assured and confident. Very rare to see a CB of his age be as good as him. I'd go as far as to say that he could be the best teenage defender I've seen play in the PL, based on first impressions. Obviously very early days, though - will be fascinating to see how he does against an elite level striker like Aubameyang in his next game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

'BuT wE dOn'T nEeD aNoThEr CeNtReBaCk'

Without this signing, we'd have had Morgan playing the full 90 tonight and possibly again on Sunday, a horrible thought, sadly.

Pretty much every "Who do you want in the summer" post wanted a new CB of some sort? We all knew we badly needed one coming in?

• Like 2

I’m going to put it out there so that it’s not a shock when it happens on Sunday - he needs to work on his positioning as he tends to wander off, leaving space in between him and Evans. Against poorer teams this has been ok, but against Arsenal they will take advantage of it. 

That being said, he does look classy on the ball, aggressive in the tackle and strong in the air. The positioning thing is a pretty normal weakness in someone so young and inexperienced. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Wesley Fofana was AC Milan’s number one defensive target over the summer but it is because of Juventus that they missed out, it is claimed.

According to Fabrizio Romano’s latest for Calciomercato.com, the Milan management worked for months on signing Fofana and made several attempts with Saint-Etienne to try and get the player they believe to be one of the best young defenders in Europe.

However, the operation was never going to be easy nor was it ever close to ending, and it is mostly because of Juve’s decision not to part with Merih Demiral.

Fofana is at Leicester now having joined them in a big-money move, but the Foxes made a serious attempt to land Demiral by putting €35million plus bonuses on the table.

Juventus said no immediately as they consider the Turkish international to be untouchable, and so the Demiral operation was ended without it even becoming a proper discussion.

As a result, Leicester turned straight to Fofana and managed to get a deal over the line before Milan could sell Lucas Paqueta and formulate a serious bid.

https://sempremilan.com/romano-milan-saw-no-1-summer-target-join-leicester-with-juventus-partly-to-blame

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, davieG said:

Wesley Fofana was AC Milan’s number one defensive target over the summer but it is because of Juventus that they missed out, it is claimed.

According to Fabrizio Romano’s latest for Calciomercato.com, the Milan management worked for months on signing Fofana and made several attempts with Saint-Etienne to try and get the player they believe to be one of the best young defenders in Europe.

However, the operation was never going to be easy nor was it ever close to ending, and it is mostly because of Juve’s decision not to part with Merih Demiral.

Fofana is at Leicester now having joined them in a big-money move, but the Foxes made a serious attempt to land Demiral by putting €35million plus bonuses on the table.

Juventus said no immediately as they consider the Turkish international to be untouchable, and so the Demiral operation was ended without it even becoming a proper discussion.

As a result, Leicester turned straight to Fofana and managed to get a deal over the line before Milan could sell Lucas Paqueta and formulate a serious bid.

https://sempremilan.com/romano-milan-saw-no-1-summer-target-join-leicester-with-juventus-partly-to-blame

luvvly jubbly - look at little Leicester mixing it with the big boys and putting the aristocrats' noses out of joint. Pity we didn't land Trincao too - he's looking awesome apparently