Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

1 hour ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

Agreed, it'll be Real Madrid or Barca after him ar this rate, not Marseille 

If he turns out to be as good as he potentially looks, then Marseille won’t be able to afford him. 

It’ll be Manchester United, Liverpool and Madrid. 

Guest Hansifüx

He is fantastic, the only concern I have is how he will handle a physically strong PL striker this season. I don't think we have seen that yet. 

Obviously, being young he will get stronger himself the next few seasons. 

1 hour ago, jerry said:

Beat me too it ,was it eight goals in as many games rescued us when relegation beckoned that season ?

Something like that; I particularly remember he scored a hat trick in a 3-2 win against Wolves.

Saved us from relegation pretty much single handed that year. I know we've done some wonderful things at the KP, but Filbo holds so many precious memories for me.

9 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Beating AC Milan (!) for their number one target! What a time to be alive!

Would to play Milan later in the competition, what a prestigious club they are. 

I remember AC Milan smashing the transfer record to by Lentini for £13m (remember him?)

Gullit - Van Basten. - Baresi

Loved watching football Italia on a Sunday in the 90’s

They were the creme de la creme of Europe… supreme football beings

And now we are pinching players they fancy!

shows you the powers of the PL…. Not sure how I feel about that really ?

Edited by Wolfox

14 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I remember AC Milan smashing the transfer record to by Lentini for £13m (remember him?)

I do remember him, and his transfer was famously derided by the pope who called it an insult to the poor! It didn't work out for Lentini, but Milan were still a massive force. My favorite player for them during those years was Dejan Savicevic who scored an incredible volley for them when they beat Cruyff's "dream team" Barcelona 4-0 in the final of the European Cup.

Carlo Ancelotti's team in the 2000's with Kaka, Pirlo, Shevchenko, etc was also a joy to watch too.

It's good for us we are on a similar level to Milan though not only does it show how far we have risen, but how far they have fallen. They were for many years the best team in Europe by some distance.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Milan were horribly mismanaged over the years, if they were at full strength now it wouldnt even be close in most players minds

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adam95581 said:

I’m going to put it out there so that it’s not a shock when it happens on Sunday - he needs to work on his positioning as he tends to wander off, leaving space in between him and Evans. Against poorer teams this has been ok, but against Arsenal they will take advantage of it. 

That being said, he does look classy on the ball, aggressive in the tackle and strong in the air. The positioning thing is a pretty normal weakness in someone so young and inexperienced. 

He’s been bought to play in a 3. It’s so obvious it’s unreal. 

14 hours ago, sheffield_fox said:

Can't wait to see this at some point this season. 

Screenshot_20201023-151832_Samsung Notes.jpg

I can’t wait to get a massive stonk on over this selection pre-game.  10 minutes into the game Kasper under no pressure kicks the ball 10 yards to Chris wood to score 

• Haha 4

It will be interesting to find out the results of the Premier League's investigation into the pneumatic springs on Fofana's boots.

Yes, they enable him to jump 10 feet in the air, but it also means he has to wear 30 kg shin pads to keep him down.

I think it's evolutionary. 

Edited by Danny Clender