Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

10 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s decent so according to FT he can’t be a Congerton signing. Must have been scouted by Nige and Walsh when they were first here in 2008. No way that our man Congers picked him out.

:ph34r:

Typical foxestalk really 😂

11 hours ago, Mawuli said:

So when do we genuinely apologize to Congerton for doubting him

our recruitment set up must be the envy of the league and widely admired in Europe probably. It is most unlikely that all the credit for successful signings belongs to Congerton just like all the failures and duds are not all his fault, it's lazy to claim otherwise. I think some have been influenced by the input  of Celtic fans who were quick to point out his poor signings whilst ignoring the good ones (and the ridiculous business of the players list left at his flat!). there is no doubt that his tenure at Sunderland saw some dire rubbish brought in to the club though.

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

our recruitment set up must be the envy of the league and widely admired in Europe probably. It is most unlikely that all the credit for successful signings belongs to Congerton just like all the failures and duds are not all his fault, it's lazy to claim otherwise. I think some have been influenced by the input  of Celtic fans who were quick to point out his poor signings whilst ignoring the good ones (and the ridiculous business of the players list left at his flat!). there is no doubt that his tenure at Sunderland saw some dire rubbish brought in to the club though.

I know he wasn't entirely the one responsible for our good signings,but this forum and large amount of Leicester fans acted that way,that's why I'd like an apology, because a great man once said

"Chat shit get banged"

It still feels weird we're not only competing with the likes of AC Milan for signings but actually getting them done over the line before either the player changes his mind/other club beats us to it. 

Credit to recruitment teams over the years getting us to this stage as well as the current ones in place and of course the owners who obviously also play a big part. Sign of where we are as a club and how our stature continues to grow season by season. :appl:

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Wesley Fofana was AC Milan’s number one defensive target over the summer but it is because of Juventus that they missed out, it is claimed.

According to Fabrizio Romano’s latest for Calciomercato.com, the Milan management worked for months on signing Fofana and made several attempts with Saint-Etienne to try and get the player they believe to be one of the best young defenders in Europe.

However, the operation was never going to be easy nor was it ever close to ending, and it is mostly because of Juve’s decision not to part with Merih Demiral.

Fofana is at Leicester now having joined them in a big-money move, but the Foxes made a serious attempt to land Demiral by putting €35million plus bonuses on the table.

Juventus said no immediately as they consider the Turkish international to be untouchable, and so the Demiral operation was ended without it even becoming a proper discussion.

As a result, Leicester turned straight to Fofana and managed to get a deal over the line before Milan could sell Lucas Paqueta and formulate a serious bid.

https://sempremilan.com/romano-milan-saw-no-1-summer-target-join-leicester-with-juventus-partly-to-blame

Beating AC Milan (!) for their number one target! What a time to be alive!

Would to play Milan later in the competition, what a prestigious club they are. 

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty much every "Who do you want in the summer" post wanted a new CB of some sort? We all knew we badly needed one coming in?

I had plenty of arguments with people on here who said we didn't need another CB as Cags and Evans would be enough for us this season.

EDIT: Transfer talk is closed now so I can't go through and find all the quotes, but there was enough.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Guest Markyblue
25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Beating AC Milan (!) for their number one target! What a time to be alive!

Would to play Milan later in the competition, what a prestigious club they are. 

Absolutely spot on, we gradually seem to be becoming a decent move for players of a certain pedigree that wouldn't have looked at us a few years ago.  We are known throughout Europe now. Great days indeed. 

9 minutes ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

I don't mind this at all. If it bothers West ham fans then more fool them. 

If Europe's best and brightest want to come and prove themselves at Leicester for a season or two before moving onto their dream clubs, leaving us a tidy profit, I'd say that's exactly where I want us to be as a club. 

Edited by sheffield_fox

I had some doubts about his transfer behaviour but he looks an incredible signing and I'm glad we persisted and pull out the stops. He'll be our best defender soon. Ricardo, Fofano, Soyuncu and Castange will be the best defence in the Premier League. Ndidi in front of them seems almost excessive.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sheffield_fox said:

I don't mind this at all. If it bothers West ham fans then more fool them. 

If Europe's best and brightest want to come and prove themselves at Leicester for a season or two before moving onto their dream clubs, leaving us a tidy profit, I'd say that's exactly where I want us to be as a club. 

Agreed, it'll be Real Madrid or Barca after him ar this rate, not Marseille