Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

Apparently they play a 442 Diamond, so I wouldn't be surprised if we matched them. That said this is likely to be the first game we start with Under and though he could play as a 10 or secondary striker, he fits best in a 4141. 

Excited to see Fofana again, he was probably the one highlight for us in the game against Villa. 

• Like 3

Guest Hansifüx
1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Apparently they play a 442 Diamond, so I wouldn't be surprised if we matched them. That said this is likely to be the first game we start with Under and though he could play as a 10 or secondary striker, he fits best in a 4141. 

Excited to see Fofana again, he was probably the one highlight for us in the game against Villa. 

I don't see Under playing as a 10, I don't think he has ever done that. I think he is not good with his back turned to their gaol or in general in tight spaces when he gets the ball while he is not moving. That said,  I've seen him occasionally play as a second striker (The former trainer Di Francesco saw a potential striker in him) and I can imagine him learning new tricks from Vardy, but  most of the time he has played as a left winger who likes to cut in and provides passes into the box or strike from outside the box.  

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

If Brendan feels we need to match Zorya then we need a new coach. 

I really think we pander to teams too often. Let’s worry about how we play best. 

Can you imagine man city going to Donetsk and changing formation because of them? If you want to be an elite club you have to believe in your own system against lesser clubs. 

I’m all for adapting because a team has 11 better players than us. But there are so many times I just don’t get it. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I really think we pander to teams too often. Let’s worry about how we play best. 

Can you imagine man city going to Donetsk and changing formation because of them? If you want to be an elite club you have to believe in your own system against lesser clubs. 

I’m all for adapting because a team has 11 better players than us. But there are so many times I just don’t get it. 

I agree with that statement, but we have done it before. We also have a massive injury crisis and have off the back of two defeats, plus have a more important league game at the weekend. So nothing would really surprise me.

I do think we look best in the 4141 though and I'd like to see us stick with it and bed our new players in, specifically Fofana and Under. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I agree with that statement, but we have done it before. We also have a massive injury crisis and have off the back of two defeats, plus have a more important league game at the weekend. So nothing would really surprise me.

I do think we look best in the 4141 though and I'd like to see us stick with it and bed our new players in, specifically Fofana and Under. 

Ordinarily I would agree but I just don’t see Nacho as a lone striker so 4-4-2 with Pérez central and Barnes and Under providing width might work well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Conversely, isn’t one of the main criticisms of Rodgers, particularly in recent defeats, that we only play one way and aren’t pragmatic enough? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Think real Madrid will say different 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Conversely, isn’t one of the main criticisms of Rodgers, particularly in recent defeats, that we only play one way and aren’t pragmatic enough? 

I think the issue with Rodgers is that he is often one dimensional and refuses to change when tactics aren’t working. 

Im all for changing things up to keep oppositions guessing, or to make us stronger based on availability. 

Imo we shouldn’t be adjusting for teams like Zorya and even west ham. Had we focused on our strengths perhaps we would have won that game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Real Madrid currently losing 3-0 to Shakhtar after 42 minutes, whilst Shakhtar are missing 10 players due to Covid lol

Imagine the melt down if that is us tomorrow

The same Shaktar who could only draw with Zorya a month ago in the Ukrainian league....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Would think it will be:

Schmeichel

Castagne Morgan Fofana Justin

Mendy

Tielemans Maddison

Under Iheanacho Albrighton

Subs: Ward, Jakupovic, Evans, Fuchs, Thomas, Choudhury, Praet, Barnes, Perez

Room for three more on that bench given we can name 12 subs but I don't think the U23s are being tested like the seniors are so I don't think they will mix bubbles. You would think the most likely candidates would be Leshabela, Wright, Tavares and Shade if they were, though.

I’d have Ward in goal, JJ at RB & Fuchs at LB, but otherwise the same.

Maddison won’t play 90, Praet needs at least 30, preferably 45.

Choudhury can’t be asked to play DM again (except in a double pivot) unless we’re 3 or 4 up!