Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Any manager of any team (football or otherwise) should aim to make the most out of what they've got available. If his winning style only works with X players and he has Y then he has to change it.

I don't want this to be another Brendan pile on cause I like the guy and think he's good at what he does, but those kind of comments expose his fatal flaw - arrogance and ego. 

Liverpool were poor under Klopp until he got in the players he needed. Does that also make him arrogant?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Such a shame that we can't attend! The atmosphere for the game against Porto was incredible, you couldn't hear the person sat next to you for how loud the ground was. And the Sevilla game at the KP was my favourite LCFC game I've ever been to, it's what IMO football is all about.

I'm hoping we can go on a long run in this competition so some of us might be able to see some of the knockout stages next year in person. Would love to see Leicester vs Milan or even a rematch against Sevilla at the KP!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Such a shame that we can't attend! The atmosphere for the game against Porto was incredible, you couldn't hear the person sat next to you for how loud the ground was. And the Sevilla game at the KP was my favourite LCFC game I've ever been to, it's what IMO football is all about.

I'm hoping we can go on a long run in this competition so some of us might be able to see some of the knockout stages next year in person. Would love to see Leicester vs Milan or even a rematch against Sevilla at the KP!

Exactly this. I would not want Sevilla again, leave those memories. Milan would be fantastic though, any "big" history rich club would be great in the knockouts (if we can go to the games, big IF).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Liverpool were poor under Klopp until he got in the players he needed. Does that also make him arrogant?

Well said, his team was constructed in 3 years because his method was backed 100% by the club and financed in the same stoic way, im sure at the start of his tenure Rodgers called it a long term project. Liverpool didn't  even think abput sacking Klopp the season Leicester did the double over them, yet, because we over achieved last season people want to criticize what we lauded when we snared him from Celtic.

People who have only followed Leicester recently really need to know how good it is to be a Leicester city supporter in this modern era, and how much we are still punching above our weight,  with thanks to our Chairmen. 💙

Edited by Gwyn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep, you're not allowed sponsorship names in Europe. 

They even had to remove the "King Power" from the seats every time we played in the Champions League.

Indeed. My dad used to work as a designer for the Champions League, would go to stadiums across Europe and remove the stadium branding and sponsors to replace with CL sponsors and logos the day before games, pretty big operation every time. I think they had a team to do this for each stadium/region, my dad did Norway (Molde/Rosenberg). 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

I mean...I have heard him speak in press conferences.

But on that point - it's fair to say that Klopp (and others) who have a style that relies on having certain types of players, with little flexibility, are guilty of being arrogant in the sense that they can't admit that their style only works in certain set ups. I still think one of the best achievements of the last few years in Mourinho getting a fairly rubbish (by their standards) Man United team to 2nd and win the Europa League. 

It's one thing to try and instil a style onto your team and players but there comes a point where you have to recognise that it's not entirely effective with those. So you can either buy the players you think will suit or, if you can't do that (which we can't do), you adapt. 

24 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

Did they call it "Leicester City Stadium" due to some weird european naming rule?

I never get why stadiums dont have a sponsored name (KP) and an official name (Filbert Way) rather than 'Leicester City Stadium', 'Arsenal Stadium' or 'Dublin Stadium' if they cant use sponsored names in competitions.

23 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yep, you're not allowed sponsorship names in Europe. 

They even had to remove the "King Power" from the seats every time we played in the Champions League.

I had no idea this is a thing. Sounds like we're playing against Zorya on unlicensed PES. "East Midlands Blues vs. Luhansk Dawn" 

First time we have ever had a female ref?

Referee: Stéphanie Frappart (FRA)

Assistant referees: Cyril Mugnier (FRA), Benjamin Pages (FRA)

Fourth official: Johan Hamel (FRA)

Link to match press kit (basically a PDF with all the info for each club you could think of about current season, European competition history etc.):

https://www.uefa.com/printoutfiles/competitions/uefaeuropaleague/2021/e/e_2029717_pk.pdf

Edited by moore_94

She genuinely is a good ref to be fair. Seen her do quite a few French Ligue 1 games and she's been alright. Hopefully not too much is made of it IF she makes the wrong decision. No doubt there'll be silly remarks like 'it's cos she's a woman' even though male refs get a shit load wrong too. 

Getting excited for this now......Big pain no fans in stadium and slightly worried by our patchy league form heading into this. But hey we were in similar form when we embarked on our Champions League campaign and if memory serves me right we were the first team to win our first ever 3 Champions league games. Unbeaten in our first 5 and last remaining English team..

It will be tough especially with our injuries but nothing is beyond us so let’s give it a good go 🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

• Like 1