Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

The only thing that has dampened my enthusiasm for this competition is the lack of fans, would be great tonight even with our recent form. Until we concede the first goal anyway lol 

I wouldn't have been in the ground anyway but having the fans still makes it a great occasion, even if you're watching from home. 

Fingers crossed for a positive performance. I don't know if it makes a difference or not but Evans being at the presser suggests to me that he'll play. Most of our changes will come further up the field I reckon. 

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Realised I made a massive cock up. I donate blood, and 12 weeks or whatever it was when I last went I booked tonight as my next appointment, at 7pm. Obviously at the time I had no idea we'd be playing in the EL tonight, or certainly didn't think to check. Likely to miss the start at least :doh:

Scrap this, they've just cancelled due to staffing levels.

I shall be glued to it tonight but can't be arsed with any other Euro matches. Last night's choice was either watch the Man City or Fenway Red Sox matches or a documentary on C5 about Henry VIII.

**Spolier alert**

Ann Boleyn lost her head. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you clearly have not been watching closely!!!

That is the main problem with Rodgers that continues to blow up this forum and you are suggesting that he is in someway adaptable??

Have you not noticed how poor we are if a team sets out to shut us down?

Or the players we have are not skillful or creative enough to play his style? 

We just need 2 players who cost 60 mill or above and we clearly don't have the money. 

He has a winning style or philosophy as he likes to call it but with 80% of the personel required to play it. We are so close to being a great team instead of a good team and I don't believe it's his fault 

Edited by Gwyn

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sadly not, Stan. Very occasionally you can get a +1 for matches but in this Covid era not a chance.

I know how lucky we are to do what we do and be able to see these matches.

It'll be up to you, to start the wave then👍

European football desperately needs fans, watching United vs PSG last night just didn’t feel the same.

Zorya fans turning up with flares and machetes, yet we don’t get to experience that.

It’s nice to be back in European competition; however my excitement for it would be far higher if fans were allowed in.

That’s what made Champions League nights so special, the Copenhagen home game for example was an amazing spectacle.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I shall be glued to it tonight but can't be arsed with any other Euro matches. Last night's choice was either watch the Man City or Fenway Red Sox matches or a documentary on C5 about Henry VIII.

**Spolier alert**

Same, didn't watch one second of Champs League but can't wait for tonight.

Buzzing for this, can't believe anyone wouldn't be. 

City is Europe is a fantastic prospect. 

No fans and not having a full strength squad are the downers. 

Get through the next couple of months without too many setbacks and we could do well in the league and cups, as injuries and lack of pre season will effect all clubs. 

🤞🤞

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This thread is honestly embarrassing, and it takes a lot for me to say that, I don't think I've ever said it on here before, normally it's me having the meltdown.

Throw the competition after we spent almost a year qualifying for it and trying our hardest to ensure we got European football? Bizarre.

I'm just glad that our loser fans can't attend the match. The atmosphere would be absolutely shite. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

**Spolier alert**

Apparently, when Henry VIII caught the train to London with Anne Boleyn ... he asked for a return and a single to London.

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

**Spolier alert**

Ann Boleyn lost her head

So might Rodgers if we lose tonight

• Haha 1

I remember seeing the vids of the fans that went on the great euro tour.  As an exile   this will be another great experience for us even if it's via the TV.  Come on city.   The Leicester players are going on a European tour... A European tour.... A European tour.....:scarf:

7 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Am currently on holiday in Cumbria,  am a BT customer, is there any way of getting the game via a lap top, tablet or even a phone ? if not can anyone recommend a decent stream ?

Haven't got BT myself but I understand you can watch it on the App

BT Sport customers will also be able to stream the game on their smart devices on the BT Sport App.

1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

Or the players we have are not skillful or creative enough to play his style? 

We just need 2 players who cost 60 mill or above and we clearly don't have the money. 

He has a winning style or philosophy as he likes to call it but with 80% of the personel required to play it. We are so close to being a great team instead of a good team and I don't believe it's his fault 

Any manager of any team (football or otherwise) should aim to make the most out of what they've got available. If his winning style only works with X players and he has Y then he has to change it.

I don't want this to be another Brendan pile on cause I like the guy and think he's good at what he does, but those kind of comments expose his fatal flaw - arrogance and ego. 

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Was a bit meh about this until yesterday, european press conference when a player goes along, the photos of training, the different match ball! We are back in european action, enjoy it best we can as we don’t know when it happens again! Blue army!!!!!

Exactly the same. Wasn’t too bothered but game day arrives and I’m buzzing! Villa defeat a distant memory. 

16 minutes ago, mad biker said:

Am currently on holiday in Cumbria,  am a BT customer, is there any way of getting the game via a lap top, tablet or even a phone ? if not can anyone recommend a decent stream ?

If you have a windows laptop, you can download the BT Sport app on the Microsoft Store to be able to use it through your laptop (which is what I do with my laptop then hooked up to my TV)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/bt-sport/9nblggh4rdwf?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Otherwise you would have to download the app on your phone or tablet and watch it on that