Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

ZORYA pre match thread

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If Brendan feels we need to match Zorya then we need a new coach. 

I really think we pander to teams too often. Let’s worry about how we play best. 

Can you imagine man city going to Donetsk and changing formation because of them? If you want to be an elite club you have to believe in your own system against lesser clubs. 

I’m all for adapting because a team has 11 better players than us. But there are so many times I just don’t get it. 

...should a team choose to sit deep and cut off all the passing lanes and are well drilled and disciplined, it then dictates the success of your original formation and tactics!!!

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...should a team choose to sit deep and cut off all the passing lanes and are well drilled and disciplined, it then dictates the success of your original formation and tactics!!!

That wouldn’t be adapting to their usual formation. That would be them adapting to ours. Brendan is paid well enough to be able to adjust when a side is successful in disrupting our play. 

My point is, before a game has kicked off we should be working on what we do well. Especially when we are the stronger side.  

Just now, Lambert09 said:

That wouldn’t be adapting to their usual formation. That would be them adapting to ours. Brendan is paid well enough to be able to adjust when a side is successful in disrupting our play. 

My point is, before a game has kicked off we should be working on what we do well. Especially when we are the stronger side.  

...you clearly have not been watching closely!!!

That is the main problem with Rodgers that continues to blow up this forum and you are suggesting that he is in someway adaptable??

Have you not noticed how poor we are if a team sets out to shut us down?

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you clearly have not been watching closely!!!

That is the main problem with Rodgers that continues to blow up this forum and you are suggesting that he is in someway adaptable??

Have you not noticed how poor we are if a team sets out to shut us down?

I don’t argue that, he’s terrible at it....Which is why I’d rather we start a game the right way, focusing on how we want to play, not on the opposition.  I was stating ‘he should be able to do that’ not that he can or does. But if he’s going to be successful long term he needs to improve 

Tbh I think we think the same, we’re just arguing on different points 

This is part of a (good) thread on what Zorya play like...

Being a high-press team, I wonder if we'll find it work to our advantage with how we like to play from the back with quick, intricate passing through each part of the pitch.

I can't imagine our defence will find much time on the ball so the midfield will be very important in supporting them being available for a pass but also working through to find the passes to our creative players/wingers/striker(s).  Something we've struggled with because the last 2 opponents we've faced haven't fancied a high-press and happy to sit back and hit us on the break or wear us down and score late. 

It's why I think Mendy will play as he'll be the 'support' for the defence just in case there are turnovers in our half but also as a pivot to offer that pass/receive the ball from defence. He's better at that than Choudhury. I think 2 of Maddison/Praet/Tielemans have to play as well. Could be the perfect game for Under as well to show us what he can do from the start.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sadly not, Stan. Very occasionally you can get a +1 for matches but in this Covid era not a chance.

I know how lucky we are to do what we do and be able to see these matches.

I think you could at least ask! What if I dress up as Filbert Fox? 

On 20/10/2020 at 20:51, Paninistickers said:

4231 for me

Schmeichel

Justin

Wes

Wes

Fuchs

Mendy

Choudhury

Under

Perez

Albrighton

Nacho

For Christ's sake keep Timmy and Tielemans and Barnes out of the firing line otherwise we've literally list every single first team.olayer

Definitely switch the 2 Wes's around to play in their favoured positions in a back 3.

Seriously, amateurs! 

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 1