Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is offside, not that I’m saying we deserve to be nil nil but he clearly interferes with play 

Interferes where though? When Lacazette heads the ball, Kasper is 3 feet further across the line, misses the save, it bounces past Xakha an in. He blocks nobody's sight at all. 

It sours games, I'd be fuming if it was the other end. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Well no, this is us trying to win. 

what do you want? Us the play the exact same way we did against Zorya and give Laca, Auba, Zaka etc tons of space!? 

But its not us trying to win is it.  Its us trying not to let a goal in.  There is nothing about our setup which implies we intend to have a go in this game.  Its playing for 0-0 and hoping we don't lose.  There is a reason that (one random game against man City aside) that Rodgers never ever wins, or gets any result, out of supposed top 6 sides.  He simply isn't interested in having a go.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I don't know what everyone else expected with the line up put out. 

We've not conceded early like in previous games. We've not gone behind. Yes there have been a couple of scares but all in all we've done the job in keeping them out. 

It paves the way for us, hopefully (!), to be a bit more expressive in 2nd half and make necessary changes to go at them. 

It's not been pretty by any means and I know we all love our swash-buckling attacking football but we'd be so exposed and open against this Arsenal side. 

I want our passing to be more effective and we have to get another player in support for Barnes. We've got the ball a couple of times in good positions in the middle but not had anyone to pass to to attack. 

I agree to some extent but there seems to be a suggestion in this post and others that this Arsenal team is a team we should be scared of as if they're the Man City that won the league with 101 points or last year's Liverpool. They aren't. They have improved under Arteta but they aren't special. 

I am ok with the defensive setup in principle but we are only in this game because Arsenal have wasted the ball in the box and been questionably disallowed a goal. We are so fortunate not to be 2 or 3 goals down.

There is a half way house between this and trying to play Arsenal off the park, and I think that is what a lot of people want to see. 

• Like 1

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Interferes where though? When Lacazette heads the ball, Kasper is 3 feet further across the line, misses the save, it bounces past Xakha an in. He blocks nobody's sight at all. 

It sours games, I'd be fuming if it was the other end. 

It is offside because the player jumps and moves away from the ball the ball was in his direction... it isn’t hard to see why it isn’t given in my view. 

12 minutes ago, twister said:

Keep playing like this and its only ends one way

like watching burnley away

negative and trying to hang on for 90 minutes

he will look a genius of course if he somehow pulls of a result, but if he doesn't this foroum will light up tonight, we shall see.

He will not look a genius l, we are not playing prime Barcelona here. It's a poor arsenal. 

If we pull off a win it will be by attacking, and I will be wondering why we didn't try it in the first half. 

I can't blame a ingle player as even with 10 in their half we did **** all! 

This is embarrassing. The intent is pathetic. 

Edited by gw_leics772

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Why did you pay :(

I’ve caved and paid for this one. First time. It is actually better, I can concentrate on moaning about our performance on here rather than constantly trying to find a stream that doesn’t drop out or make me think I’m having a stroke!

Edited by jim5000