Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

surprised by the complaints. Loads of key injuries. Two games a week for the foreseeable future. Squad too thin to rotate much. 

It’s going to be fairly pragmatic for a while, especially away against the top 6

Top 6 or "big 6"? Arsenal will be lucky to get top 6, they are an average team and we are giving them far too much respect. They also had a game on Thursday and were away in Austria. Yes we have players missing but the players we have available are better than just 11 behind the ball and not even trying to get forward when we win it  back. That 1st half was pathetic 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Pleased. If we can get to 70 at 0-0 and bring some more fire power on that's great. Did people think we were going to go and outplay them? Get a grip 

It's not really about "outplaying them". I agree we can't expect that with so many injures to key players. But we should be able expect a strategy that makes us competitive. And in the first half I didn't see that. BR likes the team to play into a game but we didn't do that either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is definitely possible. It does feel like a containment job because we aren't even applying pressure or trying to control the game. With so many midfielders on the pitch in theory we should have lots of possession but not do anything with it, but they are just occupying space rather than trying to dictate the game.

This is a US college basketball strategy when you're severely outgunned. Hold the ball, shorten the game, hope you get lucky. In this case though, there's attacking talent on the bench so Brendan's biding his time.  It's probably not going to endear him to to many off his manager colleagues but he's trying to get a result.

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

We haven't won away at arsenal since the seventies you wolly

Home or away doesn’t really count behind closed doors and in recent times we’ve outplayed them more often than not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's basically everything I expected it would be, we're only level because Lacazette is shit. I don't mind playing defensively if you have a threat on the break but there've been a number of times where we nicked the ball and ended up turning back because of lack of bodies. Maddison's got to get on the ball more.

It may come off but we've got away with it so far.

Don't worry Lacazette will score eventually if this Carries on. I feel I've wasted £15 watching this stuff like we are San Marino. IF Rodgers whinges that we give away a late winner I'll virtually throttle my cushion 

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

There goal looked perfectly fine. Would be going mental on here if that got disallowed for us. 

Are you serious? That was as clear an offside as you’ll ever see! Even the Lino flagged for to rather than wait for VAR

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

So if we aren't even going to try for the win (West ham, villa and seemingly this game)  why not just put out a team of absolute fringe players for a quarter of a season and wrap the first teamers we have left in cotton wool until all the injured ones come back and then we can go into a game and try to win? 

Well no, this is us trying to win. 

what do you want? Us the play the exact same way we did against Zorya and give Laca, Auba, Zaka etc tons of space!? 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

An exercise in how not to play against David Luiz

Put him under pressure, he shits himself and makes errors

Give him time, he becomes a play-maker..

They may be allowing him space and time on purpose to allow for counters.

HD Stream ......check

English commentary.........check

Negative as Tesla on a battery with the word negative tattooed on his fore head.......check

No shots on target.......check

Keys and Grey talking spurs at half time time......check.

Best Sunday ever!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So much moaning .. .. we’re doing a job here and can easily win this ...   

I’m actually enjoying it ..    

I mean - I can see the plan. But to say you're enjoying it :nigel: