Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

3 minutes ago, jerry said:

Doesn't  want to lose 3 on the trot but go a goal down and we are f....d !

We went 1-0 down to Man City after 5 minutes through a world class unstoppable goal, and still won convincingly.

But I know exactly what you mean. I'm not saying I like the system, but I am trying to offer the reasoning for why we would go this way.

Spain.PNG.75a60e6a6dc7ea2fa4472211a9d0d9f7.PNG

^ Here is the system Spain used in the Euro 2012 final against Italy, which they won 4-0. How many strikers are in their first 11?

Spoilers - it's zero and Fabregas was played up top as a false 9.

Most likely though it's the same tactics / formation as against Man City.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Screenshot_20201025-184145_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4996921a8d6ff93d8dbf6ca88f586f19.jpg

It'll be the same style as the team vs Man City. I didn't expect it but now it's there it makes sense. It's that team but with Vardy not fit, barnes gets pushed upfront and Maddison goes wide left. Iheanacho and Slim aren't fast enough for the role Barnes will be filling. 

It worked vs Man City, it can work against Arsenal. 

Edited by Billy Big Balls
  • Like 2

Cap'n Kirk Rodgers at the helm again FFS.

"Scotty, give me some more defenders, their running all over us";   Johnny Scott Evans " I canna hold 'em any more captain, we already have a maximum number on the pitch - we're playing warp factor 1-9-1 !!"   

Hmmm... Looking at the line-ups does not really fill me with confidence. Arsenal looks like being able to start their best 11 and we have to change formation yet again with a handful of key players out. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Only chance we’ve got is a brain fart or two from sideshow Bob.....

I'll swear that he always plays a blinder against us. Can't remember a single mistake from him in our matches against Chelsea and Arsenal. Hopefully I've jinxed him now!

Edited by Sunbury Fox

7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Will it in fact negate all of Barnes attacking attributes. Not convinced by this at all.

This for me. He thrives with more space on the wings. Don’t get the logic of playing him where it’s more crowded.

Do think Maddison will play just behind him as a number 10 though.

Edited by when_you're_smiling