Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Arsenal (A) Match Thread - 25/10/2020

25 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think people can’t comprehened that Barnes is just going to okay the Vardy role. Nobody would have complained if it was Vardy instead of him. 

Barnes has the potential to be ruthless and I think the arsenal cbs will be worried 

Nobody would be worried if it was Vardy because he would be supported by Barnes (and Perez, or whoever plays on the right).

Meanwhile, don’t think that you will have Barnes isolated and running against Luiz, because Arsenal are likely to stick Gabriel on Barnes.

Here’s hoping it all somehow works out. :scarf:

I doubt BR believes this is the future but rather suspect its for one game only; a stopgap tactic. It’s main virtue is surprise but to take advantage an early goal is needed as the longer it goes on the more Arsenal will adapt.

Of course, if they do we can bring Vardy on so that puts Arteta in a dilemma. At least, that’s the optimistic version.

18 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We went 1-0 down to Man City after 5 minutes through a world class unstoppable goal, and still won convincingly.

But I know exactly what you mean. I'm not saying I like the system, but I am trying to offer the reasoning for why we would go this way.

Spain.PNG.75a60e6a6dc7ea2fa4472211a9d0d9f7.PNG

^ Here is the system Spain used in the Euro 2012 final against Italy, which they won 4-0. How many strikers are in their first 11?

Spoilers - it's zero and Fabregas was played up top as a false 9.

Most likely though it's the same tactics / formation as against Man City.

Good post Strider, my only counter is that I don’t think we will play a false 9, I think Barnes will probably just play Vardy’s role. Could be wrong...

On nights again tonight got a sh it week last night of 7 in a row had a dream today it was 1-1 at half time Barnes with the equaliser Vardy came on at half time completely changed the game we ended winning 1-4  !!

Edited by justfoxes

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Good post Strider, my only counter is that I don’t think we will play a false 9, I think Barnes will probably just play Vardy’s role. Could be wrong...

Yeah that is way more likely. But we could have played Nacho, Slimani or Perez up top and we didn't go for any of them. To me that just seems so suspicious it makes me think something is up...

Just now, KingsX said:

Got the Browns on also, and can confidently say these NFL coaches have nothing on Brendan when it comes to disguising their formations.

Between FT and NBC’s pre-match desk, I’ve seen a half dozen different guesses.

arteta has already done a number on rodgers early on.

rodgers thought arsenal would go three at the back so went five at the back

Now arteta has  got 4-3-3- or even 4-3-2-1 with saka and dani out wide

I dont see this working , luiz and gabriel will push up and out number the midfield

Edited by twister