Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

AEK Athens (A) Match Thread

Castange injury is another blow. **** me what is going on!

We’ll miss him badly vs Wolves. Exactly the type of game at home we are turgid against and his width and overlapping would be an even crucial miss.

All the injuries were dealing with, imagine if they were all fit? I honestly think we would be in the title mix genuinely with a fully fit squad.

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Ünder and Albrighton, yes. But Fofana plays RCB.

He has so far, so that makes sense. Just thinking that having Morgan and Fuchs next to one another is dangerous if they have a fast winger.

But as has been suggested before, we might use a lop sided full back, so Fuchs does not push up, but JJ does. If that's the case, then that back 4 is good to go, and that's what I think we will do. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

For me this ought to be Hamza's last chance at impressing in a defensive midfield role, that is if it's a 4-3-3. I would rather see Rodgers try Praet there in the absence of Mendy and Ndidi than have someone who, every time I've seen him, cannot keep himself in his position for longer than 5 seconds.

If he’s on the squad, he has to play sometime and I cannot think of a better time.

Let Mendy and Praet have their well-deserved break. I am quietly optimistic that Hamza will get the job done.

:scarf:

12 minutes ago, 420Hashish said:

The formation shows up on my app as 3-4-2-1. 

Screenshot_20201029-132801_365Scores.jpg

No way Albrighton plays more advanced than Under lol

I love how nobody's sure what the formation is, I was thinking 3-4-3 as above with Marc and Under switched, but the 4-2-3-1 looks like an equally valid if not better fit for the players listed.