Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

AEK Athens Post Match Thread - 29/10/2020

JV has now scored goals for Leicester in 7 different competitions. The PL, the Championship, the FA Cup, the League Cup, the Champions League, the Europa League and the Community Shield. Just the Zenith Data Systems Cup and the Anglo-Italian Cup left now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only saw the first half and felt we played some good stuff, bit shaky at the back at times but always had a threat going forward. Morgan was excellent getting headers and blocks in, great move for the penalty and a super finish from Choudhury.

Glad we hung on, six points on the board and three wins in a week with key players missing. Can't argue with that.

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Shoutout Luhansk for the late goal, keeps our record level with Braga going into the next game.

Closed out well in the end after a naff start to the second half. Well done lads.

Didn't even notice that! Totally even going in to the 2 matches with them. 

In fact, we're actually top because we've got fewer bookings than them :D 

image.png.d3892327cee3ec54ab73438785421b9c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Didn't even notice that! Totally even going in to the 2 matches with them. 

In fact, we're actually top because we've got fewer bookings than them :D 

image.png.d3892327cee3ec54ab73438785421b9c.png

Surely we've got a lot more than 2 disciplinary points after that card happy ref?

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I know people were bitterly disappointed to miss out on the champions leauges but the europa league is really playing into our hands this season. 

No way we could play a side with Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton, Justin and Choudry and still win away in the champions league. 

And weve rested plenty of players for Leeds on Monday. 

Imagine that against PSG and RB Shit

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Surely we've got a lot more than 2 disciplinary points after that card happy ref?

Nope, just the one booking for Thomas (which was very harsh in itself anyway). Was very whistle-happy!

And the other booking for Youri in the first game.

Under is surprisingly deft with his touch. If he maintains this consistency, he's possibly the best "on the break" passer we have, you do not see many players with his feel and precision when they are mid-attack. Some of our AMs may place a ball better from a standstill, but what Under does is either lucky AF or sort of remarkable. In any event, he looks a terrific addition, just because he is the kind of player who can make a bit of magic out of a locked box. Looking fwd to seeing how he turns out. 

I will say, I am starting to doubt we will see a full-strength squad all season. So. Many. Injuries. 

• Like 1

Pretty sloppy poor performance if I’m honest but it felt like we always felt like we had enough to get over the line.

Leeds won’t be so easy though and will lose with some of our shocking defending tonight.

We need Evans back desperately.

I really dislike this 5 at the back thing though, especially without super wing backs. It makes us really limited going forward. It’s ok when we hold on or take the lead but if we concede first vs Leeds we might as well walk off the pitch playing this way and expect to come back.

Great to win in Europe with the injury’s too, good nights work but we need to improve if we are to get a result at Leeds.

Anybody notice what a leap Mendy has on him? There were times in the second half he was competing against players much taller than him and he still outjumped them. For such a little chap he can't half jump.

Great result for the Foxes tonight. They were no pushover but we more than matched them. Barnes was a threat when he came on but some of his decision making was questionable, same with Praet who had a great break and could have put in Iheanacho but went wide and fluffed it. Nevertheless when you look at our injury list that was a very professional performance.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That’s probably deliberate from Rodgers as a wake up call. He was signed for big money and given an extended run in the team. Nacho got dropped and fought back. Mendy was the forgotten man and fought back. This is on Ayoze - there is a good player in there somewhere and he needs to show it otherwise his career here is done. 

I think what you're suggesting is necessary but I'm not convinced that's why Rodgers did it. I think Perez will start on Monday. I'd much rather we started Under and Barnes but I don't think that will happen just yet.

Enjoying this competition a lot. I quite like watching the games on Thursday nights, leads in to the weekend well and it’s interesting to play against these sorts of teams. I think both games have been quite interesting so far. Braga is going to be cracking hopefully. 

• Like 2

Pitch was very awkward. Handled it well. Similar to last week, it took us a little bit of time to figure them out. Slow start in the second half could’ve cost us, but we were worthy winners. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Given our injuries and the amount of games we have, conceding possession and becoming a bit more counter attack based could be lethal with Ünder and Barnes either side of Vardy. LET ME SEE IT PLEASE.

I think this could be the front 3 that sees us leaving them on the half-way line at defensive corners. I long for the day of seeing that set-up again :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I know people were bitterly disappointed to miss out on the champions leauges but the europa league is really playing into our hands this season. 

No way we could play a side with Morgan, Fuchs, Albrighton, Justin and Choudry and still win away in the champions league. 

And weve rested plenty of players for Leeds on Monday. 

I See your point ln CL & EL....but  who or which plenty did we rest....

Castagne..out until end of November

Evans.......Carrying a niggle

Vardy.....Managing a niggle

Others started or came on ...

Our Cupboard is becoming somewhat threadbare....Now a question over Justin..

Bline....Fuchs/Morgan/Fofana/Thomas.....Anyone else..??

Midfield..Tielemans,played all games,

Praet, Coming back from injury , Mendy, Choudhury...

AM...Maddison Coming back from injury

Ayrez,Albrighton if necessary...

F.line/ WBs..Vardy ??, Nacho,Slimani,Barnes,Gray,Under,Barnes..

Our Bline and midfield Engine Room are struggling....!!

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

Enjoying this competition a lot. I quite like watching the games on Thursday nights, leads in to the weekend well and it’s interesting to play against these sorts of teams. I think both games have been quite interesting so far. Braga is going to be cracking hopefully. 

Yes, I'm totally enjoying the games on a Thursday, something to look forward too and the week doesn't seem to be so long. Though they are taking their toll on the Squad. Let's hope our luck improves soon.

• Like 1